What you'll do...
Manager I, Strategic Account Management
The Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer services.
The Manager I, Strategic Account Manager role is at the heart of the Marketplace organization. As a Strategic Account Manager, you will be responsible for growing the most critical accounts in Walmart's Marketplace business. You'll partner with senior executives and leaders in these accounts to build their business on the Marketplace through strategic account planning, performance analysis, inventory insights, exclusive deals, events, and new product launches. If being in the front seat of driving a business is exciting, this is the role for you!
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You're seller obsessed and relationship driven.
- You're a visionary always looking for ways to distinguish from the competition.
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- You're results-oriented with a proven track record of leadership and taking ownership to produce exceptional results.
- You build trust quickly and lead by influence with the ability to translate to varied audiences.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
- You are creative and resilient - always looking for news ways to approach problems and drive business performance.
- You enjoy the learning journey and like working with your manager and partners to continue to add to your tool box
You'll make an impact by:
- Managing strategic accounts: Serve as a strategic consultant/account manager - accountable for driving business growth across a portfolio of strategic sellers. Develop strategies with sellers to expand selection, improve offer quality and drive operational improvements across their business.
- Overseeing business performance: Lead annual and quarterly business planning and performance tracking for strategic sellers. Conduct deep dive analysis on issues effecting seller business performance and implement corrective actions. Drive performance against P&L levers including gross merchandise value (GMV) and contribution profit.
- Being a trusted advisor: Develop strong and trusting relationships with partners. Serve as the account "quarterback" - working across the organization to solve issues, address pain points and implement growth initiatives. Employ a "one team" approach to accomplish the goals of the business and drive negotiations from a "win-win" perspective that establishes credibility and trust with our partners and delivers consistently improved performance.
- Optimizing offer quality: Work directly with sellers to optimize their listings including PDP content, ratings and reviews, ship speed and price competitiveness to maximize search optimization and discoverability across the platform.
- Driving adoption of seller services: Teach sellers how to be more successful across the Walmart platform and maximize awareness and adoption of seller growth initiatives including Walmart Fulfilment Services (WFS), Walmart Connect, and more.
- Developing strategic marketing plans: Develop seller marketing plans - including events, site placements and promotions - that drive incremental traffic and GMV.
- Working cross-functionally: Collaborate with Product Management, Strategy, Operations, Site and Marketing to deliver best-in-class customer and seller experiences.
- 3+ years' experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area. E-Commerce experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Detail and results-oriented with sense of urgency.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field. Option 2: 3 years' experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel
Merchandising, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area