- Westborough, MA
What you'll do...
As primary health care providers, doctors of optometry (ODs), take a leading role in patient care with respect to eye and vision care as well as general health and well-being. Optometrists can diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, disorders, and injuries of the eye and related structure, as well as address systemic conditions that can affect the eyes.
What you'll do:
• Evaluate patients' health condition within the full vision center scope of service to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment in accordance with optometry scope and practice per state board.
• Perform comprehensive eye examinations using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, focus and coordination.
• Order and interpret diagnostic tests; provide additional treatment as necessary.
• Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and any co-management with external healthcare professionals as needed.
• Prescribe and fit glasses and contact lenses.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Back to top