Director, Software Engineering - Ecomm
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
You will need to:
- Have strong accountability and ownership to drive business outcomes
- Collaborate effectively with various functions such as Product, Design, Business and Operations and influence without authority
- Be a change agent for constantly striving for customer and engineering excellence in a rapidly evolving environment
- Be a multiplier: hire 10X engineering talent, motivate and grow them
- Create a strong engineering driven culture that promotes diversity, innovation and creative problem solving
- Build and grow global teams and develop a consistent culture remotely
More about you:
- You have probably held a number of different leadership positions over your career so far and figured out how to scale platforms for high throughput and efficiency.
- Right now, you're looking for a role that lets you stay close to the technology and engineering practices yet also assumes a large amount of customer-oriented product and business engagement.
- You can apply good judgment to the steepest software engineering challenges.
- You set high standards and have demonstrated the ability to build and lead a high-performance team.
- You are able to think about the big picture and don't mind being hands-on if needed. You also enjoy building relationships with others in a highly visible, cross-functional role.
- Ideally you have deep expertise in native mobile and web front end technology stacks and dig deep if required (reviewing PRs, build POCs to gain your own perspective, propose architecture design etc)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 7 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Back to top