Director, Energy Services
- Rogers, AR
What you'll do...
- Oversees the reduction and management of energy and utility expenses in the assigned region by implementing and directing energy saving programs; calculating estimated cost savings and return on investment; preparing proposals for implemented energy efficiency procedures; researching, educating, and coordinating energy interdepartmental and external agency saving efforts; and providing energy consumption data during facility planning and construction phases.
- Oversees changes in energy costs and ensures adequate power by identifying and documenting opportunities for and securing energy credits and rebates offered by states; organizing work requested by utility companies during emergency situations to prevent power loss; identifying power factor penalties through billing and recommending installation of capacitors and co-generation to improve the power factor and reduce costs; researching rates and tariffs to ensure proper rates are applied (for example, ensuring economic development incentives and riders have been applied, ensuring rate changes and usage reductions in vacant buildings have been implemented); and reviewing tenant subleases for proper allocation of utility expenses and securing appropriate reimbursements.
- Oversees the regulatory and legislation influencing process by identifying, reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting legislation, regulations and policy issues related to renewable and sustainable energy and greenhouse gas emissions; drafting initial comments, rebuttals, and briefs; securing and directing outside legal counsel and technical consultants to assist in preparing and presenting Walmart's position; intervening in the legislative and litigation processes; communicating in congressional, administrative, and regulatory testimony; proposing solutions to management; and ensuring testimony and briefs are prepared and submitted on time after securing approvals.
- Directs sustainable and renewable energy opportunities and initiatives by developing overall strategies; identifying, reviewing, intervening, and participating in state and federal policy and regulatory proceedings; directing the development and maintenance of the tracking system for reporting progress in renewable or sustainable energy legislation and regulation proceedings involving Walmart; traveling to meet with regulatory agencies; and monitoring and managing energy and sustainability affairs in international arenas.
- Manages and interprets variances in energy information by auditing and analyzing utility costs and usage for stores, clubs, and distribution centers; troubleshooting deviations from normal usage to deliver bottom-line savings; verifying accuracy in the National Information Solutions Cooperative data; and benchmarking loads, natural gas and water consumptions, energy variances, and abnormalities. Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 5 years' experience in utility operations or related area OR 7 years' experience in utility operations or related area. 1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building technology platforms, Negotiating Skills, Operations, Project Management
Masters, Masters: Business, Masters: Finance
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Utility - Certified Energy Manager - Certification
Back to top