What you'll do...
Bonobos is looking for a Data Engineer who is hungry to make the company more empirical and customer-centric as a member of the Data Engineering and Governance team.
At Bonobos, we're redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
As a Data Engineer, you can look forward to rolling up your sleeves and digging into our data to help develop and maintain data platforms and tools that everyone can rely on. This role will be responsible for contributing to an ecosystem that handles data ingress/egress - interfacing with various sources/destinations. Additionally, this role will be responsible for contributing to an orchestration layer of complex data transformations, refining raw data from source into targeted, valuable data assets for consumption in a governed way. Other engineering platform opportunities may involve building out data registry and customer segmentation platforms. You will be partnering with analysts, engineers, data scientists and business stakeholders to build out capabilities that make an impact across the entire organization.
- work with AWS Lambda, AWS RDS/Postgres, Spark, Kafka, and Snowflake using Terraform, Python and DBT.
- analyze, design, code, test, configure and modify software for the functional delivery of data platforms, pipelines and solutions using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
- design, develop, test, debug and implement data platforms, pipelines, solutions and/or software tools, and utilities for the purpose of assuring acceptable performance and service levels.
- own the automated delivery of data platforms, pipelines and solutions using source control, infrastructure as code, continuous integration throughout the entire delivery model.
- ensure that implemented data platforms, pipelines and solutions are successfully monitored, with relevant alerts, logging and tracing that guarantee the relevant durability, availability and performance.
- ensure the data is modeled correctly for consumption.
- validate that data platforms, pipelines and solutions follow data governance policies, standards and intent.
- complete technical documentation that adds value including, but not limited to, testing, training, governance, and software delivery.
- have 3-5 years of experience in a data engineering or similar role.
- are proficient with at least one programming language (our team uses Python).
- enjoy working on a Scrum team in an agile delivery environment.
- are proficient with deployment & delivery with guidance/direction.
- participate in developing requirements with guidance/direction.
- are proficient as an individual contributor and reviews pull requests with guidance/direction.
- participate in simple-to-complex debugging/troubleshooting problems with guidance/direction.
- are proficient with M.A.L.T. implementations with guidance/direction.
- work hard because we love what we're doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!).
- back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family.
- value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy - often over experience.
- are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan.
- have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another.
- are excited to hear from you!
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 4 years' experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Masters: Computer Science
45 W. 25TH STREET FLOOR 5, NEW YORK, NY 10010-2003, United States of America