Senior Java Platform Engineer
Wallaby Financial is seeking a Senior Java Platform Engineer.
Senior Java Platform Engineer
Wallaby Financial is seeking a Platform Engineer to develop and own cutting-edge back-end services for consumer-facing applications. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card usage and are looking for someone to enhance that experience by creating new API services and real-time algorithms that work across large data sets.
About the Role:
- Design new API specifications for use inside and outside the organization
- Design sensible schemas and models for rendering location and payments data at scale
- Develop scalable API services for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Develop efficient real-time algorithms for looking at many data points and performing rapid transformations for actionable responses from API requests
- Work with product and UX team to define minimal data sets to power mobile and web views as well as partner API exchanges
- Work with engineers to propose database schema changes in both traditional MySQL and NoSQL stores
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Own full development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
- 3+ years professional experience
- Proficiency with Java back-end programming at scale, Spring framework a plus
- Proficiency with implementing new data schemas in a database as well as the DAO layer of Java
- Proficiency with defining, documenting, consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with security requirements, authentication and authorization layers (OAuth2, PCI)
- Experience with efficient sorting and mapping strategies for large data sets in Java
- Experience with handling scaling challenges, and continually improving algorithms from agile MVP to optimized production software
- Familiarity with how databases work, experience in a relational paradigm (MySQL) as well as NoSQL (Redis)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, tomcat, thin, virtual host configuration)
- Familiarity with source control, build, and deployment tools: (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven)
- Familiarity with Linux and ability to do command-line debugging as needed
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we cannot sponsor visas)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- A small, agile software development team environment
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more
Wallaby Financial helps consumers get the most out of their credit cards by optimizing usage based on individual preferences. Through our products, you can optimize your credit card usage for rewards, credit limit, statement due date, linked bonuses, and other factors.
Wallaby is available for your smartphone, your web browser, and your wearable devices.
Wallaby Financial Inc. is a subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE).
This position is located in Pasadena, CA.
Back to top