Senior Front-End Engineer
Wallaby Financial is seeking a Front-End Engineer to develop and own cutting-edge frameworks for transforming complex data into beautiful views. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card usage and are looking for someone to enhance that experience by creating consumer-facing financial web applications.
This position is located in Pasadena, California.
If you have over FIVE (5) years experience and currently live in the United States, please apply!
About the Role:
- This is a Senior level role
- Develop responsive front-end views for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Build custom drop-in containers for front-end features that are reusable across sites
- Work with best-in-breed frameworks for styling, layouts, and navigation flows
- Work with UX and design team to transform wireframes into living products
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
- Experience using a template engine like handlebars, twig, jinja2 (nunjucks), jade (pug), liquid, dust, or twig. Bonus if you’ve written such templates for the client side and server side, written polymorphic templates, or ventured into precompiling or prerendering.
- Experience with front-end build processes: npm, gulp/grunt, webpack/browserify, bower if you’re into that sort of thing. You can concatenate and minify in your sleep, and you can version CDN assets and tree-shake when awake.
- Experience with CSS postprocessing technologies like SASS, LESS, PostCSS, or CSS Modules.
- Familiarity with CSS/SASS frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Experience writing CSS, SASS, or Less without a framework. We love BEM.
- Experience with third-party integrations in web apps. Have you ever implemented social login with OAuth? Put a ReCaptcha on a form? Accepted payments with Stripe or Braintree? We’d like to know about it.
- Experience with a static site generator like Jekyll, Hexo, Hugo, or Middleman.
- Experience with AJAX. Standalone or node libraries would be requests, got, or axios. On the client side, you may have done it inside Angular, Ember, or jQuery.
- Experience exploring, consuming, and debugging REST API’s. If you’re a purist you do it with curl, but since we’re looking to hire a human being, we’ll pick up the tab for a Postman license.
- Experience with a minimalist backend framework like Express, Sinatra, Flask, or an API framework like ActionHero.
- Experience using databases, key-value stores, and message queues. This role will involve lots of Redis and NoSQL databases, probably not much SQL.
- Familiarity with a backend MVC framework like Rails or Django.
- Familiarity with a front end application framework like React, Angular, Ember, or backbone. This is not a web applications position, where you’ll use react everyday, but it may help if you’ve dabbled.
- Experience working in the cloud, especially as it pertains to the front end. We don’t need you to write chef cookbooks that autoscale EC2 nodes. But we’d love it if you interacted with a storage service like Amazon S3 or Azure Blob Storage. Have you troubleshot caching or header issues with a CDN like Cloudfront, Cloudflare, or Fastly?
- Knowledge about HTTP. the ability to speak fluently about verbs, headers, cookies, and authentication schemes. Bonus if you can tell us about what changed between HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2.
- The ability to handle yourself in git.
- Wallaby Financial helps consumers get the most out of their credit cards by optimizing usage based on individual preferences. Through our products, you can optimize your credit card usage for rewards, credit limit, statement due date, linked bonuses, and other factors.
- Wallaby is available for your smartphone, your web browser, and your wearable devices.
- Wallaby Financial Inc. is a subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE).
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Wallaby Financial's Employees
Community, Content, & Data Manager
Maria connects with Wallaby users to learn what is and isn’t working well, and she takes note of new features that users would like to see, keeping the community happy.
Back to top