Senior Front-End Engineer
Wallaby Financial is seeking a Front-End Engineer to develop and own cutting-edge frameworks for transforming complex data into beautiful views. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card usage and are looking for someone to enhance that experience by creating consumer-facing financial web applications.
This position is located in Pasadena, California.
If you have over FIVE (5) years experience and currently live in the United States, please apply!
About the Role:
- This is a Senior level role
- Develop responsive front-end views for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Build custom drop-in containers for front-end features that are reusable across sites
- Work with best-in-breed frameworks for styling, layouts, and navigation flows
- Work with UX and design team to transform wireframes into living products
- Integrate new external APIs into platform
- Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments
- You will have 5+ years professional experience
- Experience producing RESTful APIs
- Experience with an MVC web framework: Python Django, Ruby on Rails, or PHP)
- Proficiency with security requirements, authentication and authorization layers (e.g. OAuth2)
- Familiarity with how databases work
- Proficiency with HTML5 and mobile-friendly responsive design
- Proficiency with task runners and asset pipeline tools (e.g. Gulp)
- Familiarity with BDD or other automated testing tools (e.g. Jasmine, Cucumber)
- Familiarity with CSS extension technologies (e.g. less, SASS)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, passenger, virtual host configuration)
- Familiarity with source control and deployment tools: (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- Wallaby Financial helps consumers get the most out of their credit cards by optimizing usage based on individual preferences. Through our products, you can optimize your credit card usage for rewards, credit limit, statement due date, linked bonuses, and other factors.
- Wallaby is available for your smartphone, your web browser, and your wearable devices.
- Wallaby Financial Inc. is a subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE).
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Wallaby Financial's Employees
Community, Content, & Data Manager
Maria connects with Wallaby users to learn what is and isn’t working well, and she takes note of new features that users would like to see, keeping the community happy.
Back to top