Quality Assurance Engineer
Wallaby Financial is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer (with a focus on Mobile) to test products across our mobile, web, and internal product suite. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card recommendations and are looking for someone to enhance that experience by facilitating the shipping of higher quality products and guiding the organization’s overall testing philosophy.
About the Role:
- Work with product management to ensure requirements have end-to-end testing plans
- Work to define what constitutes alpha, beta, staging, and release candidates for key consumer-facing products
- Work with engineers and operations to ensure test environments have the proper data sets to automate and reset testing scenarios
- Coordinate simultaneous test efforts across multiple development teams
- Own and drive complex test strategies and sample data sets from the planning stage through execution for user acceptance testing as well as regression
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Investigate new off-the-shelf, open-source, or custom built software tools as necessary to automate testing for different use cases
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Work with outside organizations for “bug bounty” curated mobile/website testing
- This position is in Pasadena, CA
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a QA engineer or software developer in test
- Experience with the concepts of “black box” and “gray box” testing
- Some experience with mobile application QA preferred
- Passion for advocating QA as an essential part of the Product Management and Software Development Lifecycle, planning test strategies in parallel with requirements and initial software development
- Ability to articulate metrics for higher quality assurance as various product lines continue to add features
- Understanding of nested or relational data models (e.g. JSON) and how to generate large mock data sets for testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to meticulously describe steps to reproduce bugs
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) via User Stories a plus
- Roots in technology, working closely with software development teams
- Experience working within an agile environment
- Wallaby Financial helps consumers get the most out of their credit cards by optimizing usage based on individual preferences. Through our products, you can optimize your credit card usage for rewards, credit limit, statement due date, linked bonuses, and other factors.
- Wallaby is available for your smartphone, your web browser, and your wearable devices.
- Wallaby Financial Inc. is a subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE).
This position is located in Pasadena, CA.
- Flexible PTO
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately
- Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for candidates who are not currently on any type of work Visa.
Principals Only: No Third Party Agencies/Recruiters please.
Meet Some of Wallaby Financial's Employees
Community, Content, & Data Manager
Maria connects with Wallaby users to learn what is and isn’t working well, and she takes note of new features that users would like to see, keeping the community happy.
Back to top