The role requires solid coding skills to develop immediate fixes and permanent solutions. This role will collaborate with developers leveraging the technology stack to solve a variety of complex challenges.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and passion for “LAMP” based solutions, developed in an Agile Kanban methodology. This individual contributor will thrive in an environment where tracking issues across systems and through code becomes the collaboration of staff across the technical topography. If you have this unique combination of coding and system skills then you could be our perfect candidate!
About the Role:
- Researches and resolves technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards. Collaborate with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are not adversely impacted.
- Documents final solutions, including root cause analysis.
- In collaboration with development and iT, ensure product specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), are created (and refreshed) for each product and systems. Prepare concise internal product documentation on revisions. As needed ensure wiki and operational information is updated as needed.
- Prepare and review time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Maintains a patch code branch in SVN for each fix. Identify which need to be product changes and which is infrastructure, deployment or build changes.
- Advocate for your changes with follow- through to development and other teams, by insuring that patches are tested and migrated to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately and timely.
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks (i.e. monitoring application components) to improve efficiency and consistency. Knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e. single-click deployments).
- Participate in design and code-walk-through with development as it relates to new releases.
- Participates in iT infrastructure design as it relates to product.
- Liaisons between multiple departments, especially iT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and QA teams and any required validation are planned in a timely fashion.
- 5-8 years Linux experience working across an enterprise platform in a LAMP environment
- Solid understanding of LAMP on CentOS and Ubuntu
- Ability to code in PHP in Laravel and Java
- Source and deployment tools: SVN, Jenkins, Maven
- Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, Perl is a huge plus
- Experience with Nagios or other iT infrastructure monitoring software systems
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and approachable personality
- 1-3 years with firewalls, antivirus, security patching
- Experience working in data centers
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Knowledge of the QA process and QA automation tools is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we are not able to sponsor visas at this time)
- BS in Computer Science (or other technical discipline with significant computer coursework) or equivalent experience
- Developer level coding skills with strong Linux administration skills
Bankrate Credit Cards is a leading financial services technology and marketing company that provides consumers with free content, credit information, and financial insights, connects consumers with financial institutions and helps users achieve financial goals and well-being
Our data-driven algorithmic platform analyzes information on users’ spend and reward preferences, and credit card features and loyalty programs, to optimize consumer payment choices to maximize rewards, minimize fees and interest, and improve cash flow across web and mobile consumer solutions.
We operate CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card marketplace, and a number of other great brands such as Wallaby Financial, CreditCardGuide, CreditCardForum, and more.
We power credit card information for major brands through our API and data enterprise product suite.
A subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE)., we have offices in Austin, TX and Pasadena, CA.
NOTE: This position is located in Pasadena, CA
Back to top