VTS is the fastest growing PropTech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used by more than 700 of the world’s leading landlords and brokers to manage their revenue. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings with our plan to build the industry’s first and only end-to-end, transactional leasing marketplace, truva.com. Truva will enable tenants to search for and lease space with VTS landlords and broker clients online - a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team - we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and are featured in Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join the team and help build out an ambitious roadmap. The ideal candidate has a passion for user experience as well as meticulous attention to detail.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other engineers to incrementally craft high quality products and APIs for our customers (we deploy multiples times a day)
- Have organization wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or on-boarding buddy, etc.
Build Products That Help...
- Brokers and landlords manage the lifecycle of a commercial real estate deal - from inquiry to close
- Landlords manage relationships with their tenants (we analyze the graph of their relationships, provide insights to help close deals, expose risk, and more)
- Landlords and brokers shorten negotiation and approval times from weeks to hours when closing a deal
- Landlords analyze and understand risk in their assets
- Landlords explore the breath of their leasing data with custom reports and business intelligence software
Some Other Challenges You Might Help Solve
- How do we rethink some of our core data models and foundation to support an international product? (As we’ve expanded into Europe and beyond many of the assumptions we made for a US based market need to be reconsidered for a global user base)
- How do we reduce the time it takes to onboard new customers onto the VTS platform?
- How do we drive more usage on our mobile app?
- And many more… :)
- 2+ years experience working as a full stack engineer or have a mix of those skills and willing to work full stack
- Experience delivering high-quality web applications for the consumer or enterprise
- Strongly values automated testing and implements good testing practices
- Practitioner and evangelist of agile software process and software design (experience with scrum, kanban, etc)
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, can articulate tradeoffs well, etc
- Experience collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews, tdd, pairing, etc.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience presenting technical projects and problems to non-technical folks and the ability to explain and justify the business reasons
Nice to Haves
- Experience working at a product focused company
- Experience working with our technology stack - Angular/React, Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku, ElasticSearch
- Experience operating in larger engineering teams (20+ engineers)
We Take Care of You!
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone in the company
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
- VTS clubs including rock climbing, skiing, baking, board-games, surfing, softball and more
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top