Senior Solutions Analyst, Data Specialist
- New York, NY
VTS is the fastest-growing Proptech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used to manage over 60% of all office buildings. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings and are building the industry’s first and only online marketing software and end-to-end leasing marketplace, VTS Market. VTS Market will enable landlords to market their available spaces more effectively, and help tenant rep brokers and their tenants easily find and lease space online – a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team – we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
Solutions Consultants are key members of the Sales team, serving as product, technical and commercial real estate industry experts, aligning VTS solutions to prospects’ pain points and demonstrating how to achieve meaningful business outcomes using those solutions. Through partnerships with Customer Success, Product Management, Marketing and Sales, the Solutions team serves as a critical voice of the customer and develops unique solutions that help VTS’ customers transform their businesses. Solutions Analysts practice the art of the consultative sale, uncovering business needs and opportunities for process improvement and ROI, and validating the right solution for each customer through product demonstrations and proof of concept execution.
The Senior Solutions Analyst – Data Specialist has a particular focus on VTS’ data solutions and has three main priorities: 1) serve as an escalation point for the Solutions Consulting team on data-intensive opportunities, 2) helping our product team develop the best data products and solutions possible to serve the unique needs of VTS’ clients, and 3) educate and arm the broader Solutions Consulting and Sales teams with the tools they need to understand and position those solutions to our prospects and customers.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Leveraging Business Acumen to Deeply Understand Customer Pain:
- Rely on wealth of knowledge of how agency brokers use data to win, serve their clients’ needs and maintain and develop new relationships
- Ask the right questions to get at the heart of what customers need from data to make the right investment, leasing, and asset/portfolio management decisions
- Demonstrate knowledge of processes, procedures, roles, responsibilities and relationships in typical commercial real estate transactions involving leasing teams and brokers
- Need to be comfortable discussing the needs and challenges of the industry with C-level executives in high-pressure sales environments
- Maintain credibility as an expert in commercial real estate and in using data and insights to inform critical decisions
- Understand and articulate business pain, desired outcomes and capabilities across multiple stakeholder groups: practitioners, managers and C-Suite
- Assist Solutions Consultants in the discovery process to ensure understanding of the real problems to be solved for our customers
- Delivering Solutions Using a Consultative, Customer-Oriented Approach:
- Assist Solutions Consultants in capturing the right outcomes, capabilities and metrics that VTS data products can add to a broader VTS solution in a way that aligns with customer pain and critical KPIs
- Present VTS data products via sales pitches, product demonstrations and webinars in a way that tells a story about how VTS solves a customer’s real business problems
- Anticipate and overcome objections related to VTS and data products/solutions in order to increase win rate, decrease average deal time and increase deal size
- Influence decision criteria of prospective customers in VTS’ favor
- Assist Solutions Consultants in and take ownership of data-related proof of concept (POC) events
- Educating & Evangelizing:
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all things data
- Teach broader Solutions and Sales teams about how data is used by landlords and agency brokers to gain competitive advantage to help them spot opportunities with which to align VTS solutions
- Serve as voice of the customer to Product and Engineering teams to help them develop and refine VTS data products and solutions
- Assist Product Marketing in developing messaging and sales collateral
- Develop and train Solutions team on delivering effective data solution demonstrations, and manage related demo environments
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of full-time work experience in a customer-facing role as an analyst, associate or otherwise at an agency brokerage
- Experience incorporating industry and first-party data and insights into customer presentations, particularly in new business pitches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially an ability to communicate technical/product value to a business audience
- Understanding of financial terms and calculations that drive commercial real estate decisions, including key financial measures (NER, NPV, etc.)
- Proven ability to deliver compelling and engaging presentations to key decision makers and executives
- Ability to quickly adapt in client meetings to position products based on key value drivers
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify, deliver and create best-fit solutions
- An intrinsic curiosity and desire to learn more – growth mindset
- Positive, team-first attitude
- Ability to travel up to 50%, as required and allowable
- Bonus Points if:
- Experience with CRE data systems
- Database/SQL experience
- Understands the dynamics of the CRE industry including the implication of different company types (CPs, LPs, REITs, Fund Managers, Developers, etc.)
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top