Senior Engineering Manager
- New York, NY
VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing, marketing and asset management platform where deals happen and real-time data comes to life. The VTS Platform captures the largest first-party data source in the industry, which delivers real-time insights that fuel faster, more informed decision making and connections throughout the deal and asset lifecycle. VTS Data, the industry’s only forward-looking market dataset, and VTS Market and Marketplace, the industry’s first integrated online marketing solution, give landlords, brokers, and tenants unparalleled visibility into real-time market information and the direct connectivity to execute deals with greater speed and intelligence at every point in the planning, marketing, leasing, and asset management cycle.
More than 60% of Class A commercial space in the US and 12B square feet of commercial real estate globally is managed on the VTS platform. Our user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals including respected industry leaders like Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
We recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work! Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out!
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to own the engineering for the VTS Marketplace product experience. This new product launched in June 2020 and is already generating revenue (and media attention) at an incredible pace. This is a greenfield customer-facing business and technology stack. You’ll be leading a motivated, results-oriented team through the next phase of our business. You’ll partner with our Sr. Director of Engineering to enable greater organizational scale and effectiveness, and contribute to key strategic product and business decisions.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Own delivery of a complex, challenging, and high-visibility product roadmap.
- While the scope of the role will probably expand to the point where regular IC work isn’t possible, we hope that at first you will participate in software development to better understand the codebase and ways of working.
- Grow from being a strong independent manager of one squad to a larger team across two or three squads.
- Manage EMs and senior engineers who are exploring management; they would manage a subset of your team.
- Engage and inspire the team by clearly communicating our key objectives, and effectively engaging their collective expertise
- Working closely with your product manager counterpart and business stakeholders to develop roadmaps
- Develop and track metrics for product success and operational excellence
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that reflects our company and engineering values, and attracts and retains a diverse team.
- Recruit, coach and mentor team members, creating a structured environment and feedback loop that supports career development and high engagement
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 5+ years management experience with one or more engineering teams
- You have a strong technical background with experience building, shipping and maintaining web applications and services
- You can contribute to technical strategy and decisions and understand technical tradeoffs and risks, and help prioritize work against product and business needs
- You have a strong track record leading teams, building and fostering collaborative cultures that deliver complex, high quality products
- You provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
- You have experience managing managers, including supporting first-time managers
- You have excellent communication, coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills.
- You have experience recruiting and promoting emerging talent
- You have excellent communication skills, and can create alignment with product, sales, marketing, and customer support in a startup environment where changes are frequent.
About Our Team:
- The VTS Product-Engineering-Design-QA organization is about ~100 people
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, product designers, engineers and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing, and CI, and feature flags
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, React, AngularJS, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android, Kafka, Apache Spark
- Learn more about us on our engineering blog
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top