VTS is the fastest growing PropTech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used by more than 700 of the world’s leading landlords and brokers to manage their revenue. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings with our plan to build the industry’s first and only end-to-end, transactional leasing marketplace, truva.com. Truva will enable tenants to search for and lease space with VTS landlords and broker clients online - a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team - we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and are featured in Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our mission is to be Commercial Real Estate’s modern operating system, the place where deals happen, customer relationships are nourished, and real-time market data comes to life. We're growing at an incredible pace and are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing team in New York City.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for helping guide a team’s direction, roadmap, and recruiting while driving efficient engineering processes and coaching team members.
What You'll Do
- Grow and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around ownership and impact.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies VTS’ values.
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact.
- Run and continuously improve an agile engineering process that empowers engineers with the context, autonomy, and tools needed to do their best work, and promotes shipping high-quality product efficiently and predictably.
- Jointly own the teams’ execution and delivery of the product roadmap in partnership with the Product Manager
- Partner with product management, design and executive leadership to ensure our engineering organization is well aligned with overall product and company objectives.
- Work with leadership to identify strategic technical investments required to support business objectives, and ensure those projects are properly prioritized and delivered.
- Ensure VTS is well represented in and enriches New York’s engineering community via events, content, open-source contributions, etc.
- Partner with our recruiting team to source, recruit and onboard talent to VTS.
- Coach and mentor individual team members, creating a structured environment and feedback loop that supports career development and high engagement.
- 3+ years management experience with an engineering team
- Strong technical background with experience building, shipping and maintaining web applications and services as a software engineer
- You have strong experience operating in complex tech organizations making use of agile methodologies and tools to build product for users at scale
- Motivated, self-starter with a passion for building and growing teams
- You have a strong track record leading teams, building and fostering collaborative cultures that deliver complex, high quality products
- Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization
- Inspire, empower and motivate your teams, leading by example
- You have excellent communication, coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills.
- You have a technical background. You should be able to dive into technical problems and coach, challenge and lead as needed
- Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership and deal with ambiguity
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative, cross-discipline environment
- Strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to create consensus among passionate stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
About Our Team
- We have a 40+ person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, React, AngularJS, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android, Kafka, Apache Spark
- Learn more about us on our engineering blog
We Take Care of You!
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Fantastic location with easy walk to most major subway lines (Bryant Park)
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone
- A company that embraces and celebrates diversity
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top