Director, Software Engineering - Toronto
VTS is the fastest growing PropTech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used by more than 700 of the world’s leading landlords and brokers to manage their revenue. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings with our plan to build the industry’s first and only end-to-end, transactional leasing marketplace, truva.com. Truva will enable tenants to search for and lease space with VTS landlords and broker clients online - a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team - we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and are featured in Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hello Toronto! We are excited to announce that we are opening our first engineering office outside NYC and are looking for the right people to join us as our first hires in our new city to the north!
We are looking for a leader with a strong track record of attracting and developing high-quality talent, inspiring excellence in engineering execution, coaching and supporting technical leaders, and partnering with other functions to deliver differentiated innovation and value.
We’re a team that cares a lot about shipping awesome products that our customers love, being a feedback focused team and making sure everyone feels like an owner in what we’re building. You'll be the key driver of instilling these values in our new Toronto office and play a big role in helping grow the team. You can read more about our engineering team values here.
VTS is heavily invested in the success of our Toronto product development center, and you will be closely supported by our executive team.
What You'll Do
- Partner with our executive team to launch and scale our Toronto product development center
- Effectively represent VTS in Toronto, extending awareness of our employer brand and opportunity to the broader community
- Act as a cultural bridge between NYC and Toronto, supporting cultural cohesion and strong cross-site relationships
- Establish or adapt existing processes to fully support effective multi-site engineering
- Drive a culture of engineering excellence, and enable engineers in cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software that solves real customer problems.
- Lead and support key operational activities including recruiting, strategic planning, performance management, career pathing, L&D programs.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment requiring a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- Several years of experience coaching and supporting engineering managers and senior engineers, ideally in a distributed team environment
- Capable of building effective partnerships with leaders in other disciplines, and representing engineering concerns in cross-functional contexts.
- Sufficient technical expertise and maturity to add value to technical discussions and decision making.
- Driven by solving customer needs through cross-functional partnership
About our Team
- We have a 40+ person engineering team based in NYC and Toronto
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, React, AngularJS, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android
- Learn more on our engineering blog
We Take Care of You!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Premium medical, dental & vision
- Training and career development programs for everyone in the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top