You are passionate about understanding people and crafting compelling product experiences for them. You thrive in a thoughtful environment of product thinkers and builders while driving focused execution. You see design from both a macro and micro mindset. You are pragmatic, but you aren’t averse to taking risks.
We are looking for an innovative leader to lead the conceptualization and execution of alluring product experiences for our community. You’ll be the voice for design at VSCO, ensuring we’re advocating for our users by creating design solutions that reflect the VSCO brand and culture. You will work at leadership level with our Product, Engineering, BizOps, and Brand teams to build innovative and thoughtful user experiences for our community.
- Lead our Product Design team in advocating for and dissecting complex problems and crafting simple, user-centric solutions
- Invest in and grow our product design team to develop strategies that elevate the product, business, and UI/UX
- Actively shape and steer VSCO’s product design system
- Represent the VSCO design brand publicly
- Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional teams to drive our iterative design process forward
- 9+ years of user experience, interaction design, and building prototypes for a creative, consumer, mobile product at scale, with 6+ years of progressive experience leading design teams
- Experience applying design frameworks to support business metrics, balancing creativity, business needs, and what is best for end users
- Strong understanding of technical limitations, and an ability to advocate for concepts cross-functionally
- Shown working knowledge of the latest design tools, methods, and practices
- A deep appreciation for photography and other aspects of the arts
Nice to have
- Programming/coding experience
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.