You live and breathe complex data, and understand the importance of streamlining a robust and growing system. You get energy through building data infrastructure that supplies business growth.
VSCO is looking for a Data Engineer to evolve and scale our data systems. We handle large sets of complex data to inform engineering and business decisions. As VSCO continues to grow and innovate, we face unique scalability challenges — in this role, you will converge the power of analytics and data pipeline examination to influence how our business evolves.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build reliable, scalable, and maintainable applications
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain large-scale data infrastructures
- Work with streaming and batch systems to enable accurate, timely, and data-centric decisions
- Improve tracking of data quality and consistency
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in large-scale software engineering
- Experience with "big data" platforms (ex: Spark, Hadoop MapReduce)
- Deep understanding of the JVM
- Proficiency with software engineering standard methodologies (monitoring, testing, documentation, etc.)
Nice to have
- Experience with pipelines using Kafka, Scala, Parquet, Presto, Redshift, or Airflow
- Experience in distributed systems, database internals, and performance analysis
- Excitement for working with bleeding-edge open-source technologies
- An appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.