Software Engineer, Data Platform
You live and breathe complex data, and understand its power. You dream about diving head first into building and scaling large distributed systems and leveraging them for growth.
VSCO is looking for a Data Platform Engineer to work with our growth team in continuing to develop our data infrastructure. You will be responsible for the full life cycle, creating robust, scalable, distributed systems to power our analytics and machine-learning platforms. As VSCO continues to expand and innovate, we face some unique data challenges — we want someone who is excited about the power of data and how it can impact our future.
- Create robust, scalable, distributed systems to power our analytics and machine-learning platforms
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Work closely with engineers to improve and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Provide technical engineering expertise to drive forward our Growth and Analytics function
- Strong experience operating Kafka at scale
- Solid Java and/or Scala skills
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Desire to grow along with the VSCO team
Nice to have
- Experience with technologies such as Amazon Redshift and ElasticSearch
- Start up environment experience a plus
- A deep appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
- Interest in statistical modeling and machine learning
VSCO is a leading creative platform empowering people everywhere to create, discover & connect through images and words. Founded in 2011, VSCO is headquartered in Oakland, CA with an office in New York, NY. VSCO is the sister company to the Denver, CO-based print marketplace Artifact Uprising.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences. Relocation assistance provided.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
Back to top