You are a passionate software developer with strong product instincts. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are excited by iterative work, full of prototyping and ideation.
VSCO is seeking a software developer to join our new Brands Engineering team in building a product to help our brand partners tell authentic stories through our community of creatives. You will play a pivotal role in building out our revenue product and will work closely with the Brand Partnerships, Machine Learning, Platform, and Mobile teams. This person will work directly with the business stakeholders to iterate and develop a product catered toward helping brands surface and discover incredible content and creators within our community.
- Help conceptualize and fully develop an access point to allow our brand partners to discover the content they’re looking for so that they can tell their authentic brand story
- Work across engineering and design teams to ensure this new product integrates seamlessly into the greater VSCO ecosystem
- Develop new features as needed, as our Brands initiative continues to scale up
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of full time experience in a relevant role
- Demonstrated experience developing across the stack: Go (preferred), Java, Scala, Python, Databases (MySQL, Mongo)
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud service providers
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Strong discipline in software design, testing and process
- Understanding of when to optimize for speed by building prototypes vs. build for scale and stability
- Prior experience building workflow or project management systems
Nice to have
- Appreciation for photography and/or other aspects of the arts would be greatly valued
- Experience working with Brands/Partnerships teams a plus
VSCO® (Visual Supply Company) is an art and technology company dedicated to equipping and inspiring anyone anywhere with tools to create, discover and connect. Founded in 2011, VSCO is based in Oakland, CA, with additional offices in Denver. The company acquired Denver-based Artifact Uprising® in 2014.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences. Relocation assistance provided.
Creative FreedomWe value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.