Software Engineer, API
You are energized by sharing knowledge and working closely with a team. You thrive on building a foundation for future products, and implementing solutions in the present. You value programming over specialization, and consider yourself a true generalist.
Our Platform team is looking for an engineer to help build the future of VSCO products. You will work with the newest technologies and have the autonomy to create work without being micromanaged. Your voice will be valued in both internal projects as well as in consumer-facing products. We are a tight-knit, collaborative team.
- Lead development of new features for the future of VSCO, including APIs and services
- Collaborate with people across engineering/creative to deliver and launch projects
- Help the growth of the platform team by actively participating in code reviews, training, and mentoring
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience with shipping production code
Nice to have
- Proficient with Go
- An understanding of databases at scale
- A desire to understand business concerns beyond engineering
- Passionate about beautiful design and strong desire to contribute to a small team with Lean methodologies
- A personal connection to photography
VSCO is a leading creative platform empowering people everywhere to create, discover & connect through images and words. Founded in 2011, VSCO is headquartered in Oakland, CA with an office in New York, NY. VSCO is the sister company to the Denver, CO-based print marketplace Artifact Uprising.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences. Relocation assistance provided.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
Back to top