Senior Machine Learning Engineer
You have a knack for problem solving and automation through code. You want to harness the power of algorithms to enable millions of users to create, discover and connect.
VSCO is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to further expand our search and discovery capabilities to the next level. Millions of users around the world are sharing incredible content on our platform every day, and it is waiting to be discovered. You will work closely with our engineering team, product team, and data team to create and perfect the discovery experience for our community through machine learning.
- Develop products and features related to search, recommendations, and algorithmic discovery
- Work with teams cross-functionally to develop and improve VSCO’s machine learning pipeline that goes all the way from R&D to at-scale deployment
- Work with teams cross-functionally to create tools to better engage new users, and better understand existing users
- Collaborate with data science team to use and drive product insights
- R&D image recognition to aid in prediction, filtering and classification on both client and server
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, or similar role, or recent PhD
- Experience with large scale data pipelines and distributed systems (eg: Kafka, Spark)
- Experience with machine learning and/or deep learning platforms such as Tensor Flow and Caffe
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Familiarity with foundational machine learning concepts and algorithms
- Experience developing at-scale machine learning systems
Nice to Have
- Experience building large personalization and search systems would be a plus
- Experience working with Brand partners would be a plus
- Comfortable reading research papers and able to understand them well enough to apply them
VSCO is a leading creative platform empowering people everywhere to create, discover & connect through images and words. Founded in 2011, VSCO is headquartered in Oakland, CA with an office in New York, NY. VSCO is the sister company to the Denver, CO-based print marketplace Artifact Uprising.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences. Relocation assistance provided.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster that value within VSCO, as we continue to focus on building an inclusive and diverse culture.
Back to top