Artifact Uprising is seeking a motivated, energetic Merchandise Buyer who is excited about the opportunity to help define the product vision and direction for a company focused on innovation and quality. You value building products that you believe in with materials that matter and design that defines.
The Merchandise Buyer will be a key partner to the product team through ownership of product sourcing, buying and pricing. The right candidate is detail oriented and must have strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as a thorough understanding of the Artifact Uprising customer. This newly created position requires a team player who will be able to face the unknown and react with confidence and insight!
- Works with team to set strategy and direction of overall purchasing initiatives
- Develop a strong supplier base, place and track all orders, direct product implementation and availability
- Stay current on market and customer trends, adjust purchases and strategy accordingly
- Understand current and emerging technologies in supply & demand logistics and work to optimize flow of goods, inventory management
- Create and maintain comprehensive oversight of the business including relevant reports like OTB, sales reporting (recaps) and quarterly, seasonal and annual sales forecasting
- Use thoughtful data analysis to measure product performance and apply key learnings, work closely with finance and operations on cost reductions, supplier audits, wholesale opportunities
- Make recommendations and share insights with key stakeholders on a weekly basis
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant and proven work experience (startup experience & scaling a growing company, a plus)
- Experience with ERP systems
- Data science knowledge – exceptional ad hoc reporting and very strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Macros, VLookUps) - Looker experience, a plus
- Clear understanding of financial measures and levers
- Strong merchandise planning/analysis and inventory pipeline skills
- Strong trend analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong cross-functional relations with key partners and teams
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency
Nice to have
- Basic understanding of the photo goods online market
- E-commerce, retail experience
- Worked with similar style of products and brands
About Artifact Uprising
Artifact Uprising® creates tangible photo books, prints, and gifts for digital photos. Founded in 2012, the company is driven by a mission to move stories “Off your device, into your life.™” Signature products include premium quality photo books whose interior pages are printed on 100% recycled paper and a collection of wooden products handcrafted with mountain beetle pine. – A VSCO® Company
Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, free lunches in the office, gym membership, 401(k) plan, commuter benefits.
Why Artifact Uprising?
We are a hungry and humble team that works hard and plays hard. We embody grace and grit in how we work, how we treat each other, and how we operate every day. We celebrate our wins-- both big and small-- and we firmly believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Back to top