You are devoted to building responsive designs in a responsible manner. You believe in leaving the web better than you found it. You dream of creating a clean and elegant user experience.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to help grow our company. As VSCO continues to evolve and expand, we face a unique challenge in implementing pixel-perfect web designs while crafting for performance and accessibility for all users — we're looking for someone to passionately fill that need. You will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the product. Your voice will be valued in both internal projects as well as in consumer-facing products. We are a collaborative, tight-knit team and treat each other with respect. If we win, we win together.
- Create responsive, accessible front-end user interfaces with a mobile-first mindset
- Develop and optimize web applications using modern web libraries/frameworks
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to implement clean, beautiful user experiences
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering fields or relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience in a full time Engineering role
- Experience building responsive websites
- Background working in small teams with Lean methodologies
Nice to have
- Experience with React, Node, Go, PHP, Mongo, MySQL, REST, and OAuth
- Understanding of version control, preferably git
- Familiarity with Sketch/Photoshop
- Personal connection to photography
- BS in Computer Science
VSCO is a leading creative platform empowering people everywhere to create, discover & connect through images and words. Founded in 2011, VSCO is headquartered in Oakland, CA. VSCO is the sister company to the Denver, CO-based print marketplace Artifact Uprising.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences. Relocation assistance provided.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster that value within VSCO, as we continue to focus on building an inclusive and diverse culture.