Help build the analytical engine for a fast growing startup while defining the processes for P&L management, strategic planning, budgeting, invoicing, and cash-flow modeling.
Driven to own projects from inception through completion, you are an inquisitive and proactive self-starter with a knack for seeing problems before they occur. You're known for designing efficient processes and telling complex stories with numbers. You thrive when using your strong interpersonal skills in collaborative teams across the company, yet still love to dive into problems on your own. Getting into the weeds doesn’t scare you, but while you love the details, you have the business sense to see the big picture. You want to work with a close-knit, fast-paced team that gives 1000% and has fun doing it.
Artifact Uprising is looking for a Finance Manager who is excited to work closely with the Director of Revenue to help build and own the direction of the finance team. We’re growing fast — this is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and manage finance/accounting top to bottom. In this role, you'll be responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, monthly accounting close processes, improving/scaling accounting processes and systems, and providing financial analysis and recommendations that will directly impact the direction of the organization. Artifact Uprising is a subsidiary of Visual Supply Company (“VSCO”); you will have a direct line to the VSCO finance team as a resource and you will be responsible for providing VSCO monthly financial reports.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and maintain supporting schedules, including fluctuation explanations
- Manage the company’s expense management process from vendor invoicing to payment, and ensure timely payments are made by working closely with AP contractors
- Prepare monthly financial statements and financial reporting (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow) and ensure financials are in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure timely filing of all regulatory and sales reporting including local, state, and federal taxes
- Assist the VSCO Finance team with year-end audit and tax work by our Big 4 audit firm and external consultants
- Oversee the company’s bank activities, prepare cash flow report, & ensure accuracy of cash reporting
- Assist in the preparation of and monitor the company’s actual performance against the current budget and business plan
- Establish the end-to-end close process, identifying and implementing areas of improvement
- Assist in developing financial projections and budgets for various programs across the business
- Work with operations team to manage commercial orders and inventory
- Identify and report on company trends, while suggesting improvements where needed
- Create monthly department-level reporting processes and coordinate a review of financial information with managers to ensure accuracy and spending within plan
- Ad hoc analyses and tasks as needed to support the Director of Revenue and the VSCO finance team
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in relevant roles demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Highly proficient with US GAAP, financial statements & controls
- Strong Excel skills are mandatory and NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Desire and ability to be the subject matter expert for all things finance, with a continual focus on learning
- Demonstrates ability to communicate complex topics to finance and non-finance personnel through clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies and solve problems
- Excellent project management and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Proven ability to lead and drive complex initiatives in a fast paced environment while managing competing priorities
- Able to maintain confidentiality and be discreet with sensitive information
Nice to Have
- Entrepreneurial and intellectually curious
- Proactive, positive, self-starter attitude and ability to work independently with minimal direction/guidance
- Strong interest and/or experience in the startup e-commerce industry
- Ability to work effectively in a small team
- Big 4 and/or public accounting (3+ years) and private industry experience (2+ years) CPA license
- Desire to grow along with the Artifact Uprising team
About Artifact Uprising
Artifact Uprising® creates tangible photo books, prints, and gifts for digital photos. Founded in 2012, the company is driven by a mission to move stories “Off your device, into your life.™” Signature products include premium quality photo books whose interior pages are printed on 100% recycled paper and a collection of wooden products handcrafted with mountain beetle pine. – A VSCO® Company
Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, free lunches in the office, gym membership, 401(k) plan and commuter benefits.
Why Artifact Uprising?
We value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We are a hungry and humble team that works hard and plays hard. We embody grace and grit in how we work, how we treat each other, and how we operate every day. We celebrate our wins-- both big and small-- and we firmly believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Back to top