You are a passionate leader who understands people and thrives on crafting compelling product experiences for them. You excel in a thoughtful environment of product thinkers and builders while driving focused execution. You see design from both a macro and micro mindset. You are pragmatic, but you aren’t averse to taking risks.
We are looking for a strong design leader that will help direct the future of our product through the look, feel, and experience that keeps our creators coming back to VSCO. This role will define the user experience across VSCO to be sure we’re delivering elegant and consistent design across our our product. This leader will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with leaders across product, engineering, and marketing to help set our design roadmap, while also growing and mentoring a team of talented designers. We’re looking for a creative leader who will thrive both in the strategic thinking needed at this stage of our business, but has a strong interest and experience working with the detail and nuanced work needed to consistently elevate our design standards.
- Lead our design roadmap for verticals within the business, Growth + Journey and Creation + Community
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of top-notch designers with continuous design reviews, thought partnership, and feedback
- Actively shape and steer VSCO’s product design system
- Identify potential design gaps, ideate new features and proactively address innovative solutions
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Marketing to execute on our roadmap and drive our iterative design process forward
- Manage multiple project timelines and deliverables both at a leadership level and within the design team
- Champion the VSCO creator experience and brand with thoughtful and creative design
- 7+ years of user experience and building prototypes for a consumer mobile product at scale, with 4+ years of experience leading design teams
- Experience applying design frameworks to support business metrics, balancing creativity, business needs, and what is best for end users
- Strong understanding of technical limitations, and an ability to advocate for concepts cross-functionally
- Shown working knowledge of the latest design tools, methods, and practices
- Strong design skills with a portfolio of work showcasing a variety of styles
- Experience working within design guidelines
- Ability to present, advocate, and iterate collaboratively on design optimizations
- Demonstrated experience flexing between the type of work required at both a leadership and team focused level
- Experience scaling teams and mentoring designers
- Strong communication skills
- Must play nice with others - embodies a one team approach to team thinking
VSCO is a photo company. We build creative tools and a community driven by self-expression. Our mission is to equip, educate, and inspire anyone on the journey towards realizing their creative potential.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
Back to top