You are driven by providing scalable solutions to big challenges, and take ownership in knowing you are responsible for day-to-day uptime and operations, as well as future growth for Artifact Uprising. You understand the pain points of shipping code, and you are always looking for ways to improve the engineering team’s efficiency.
Artifact Uprising is looking for an engineer to join our DevOps team in building and running our web systems and application environments. Our team is lean and nimble, so you will collaborate closely with the team to play a big role in defining and building our scalable, reliable infrastructure and helping to improve the lives of our engineers through internal tools. We’re looking for a team player that is eager to learn, willing to teach, and ready to dig into issues and take initiative.
- Scale infrastructure to support Artifact Uprising’s growth targets
- Responsible for infrastructure stability and uptime
- Hands on development and improvement of internal tools for automation
- Build next-generation operations on AWS with tools like Consul, Docker and Kubernetes
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design, implement and improve our infrastructure
- Work closely with platform, mobile, and support teams to provide production reliability
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years applicable experience working in small dev teams with Agile & Lean methodologies
- Strong AWS experience (not just EC2)
- Strong database experience - MySQL (preferred)
- Experience with containerization, Docker (preferred)
Nice to Have
- Comfortable/experienced with programming languages like Go and PHP
- Experience scaling data
- A personal connection to photography and/or art
About Artifact Uprising
Artifact Uprising® creates tangible photo books, prints, and gifts for digital photos. Founded in 2012, the company is driven by a mission to move stories “Off your device, into your life.™” Signature products include premium quality photo books whose interior pages are printed on 100% recycled paper and a collection of wooden products handcrafted with mountain beetle pine. – A VSCO® Company
Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, free lunches in the office, gym membership, 401(k) plan and commuter benefits.
Why Artifact Uprising?
We value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We are a hungry and humble team that works hard and plays hard. We embody grace and grit in how we work, how we treat each other, and how we operate every day. We celebrate our wins-- both big and small-- and we firmly believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Back to top