You are a professional, energetic, reliable and experienced in the kitchen. You enjoy working alongside your peers in a collaborative and fun environment. You are focused, organized and committed to quality and can consistently maintain a clean, functional and friendly work environment.
VSCO Commons plays an integral and supportive role in the VSCO office Food & Beverage Program. We are responsible for providing and serving a delicious food menu using only the highest quality ingredients, and keeping a clean kitchen and eating area, and we are looking to add two talented people to the team.
The two open positions are as follows:
Line Cook (full-time)
Kitchen Steward (part-time)
- Work alongside the entire culinary and office team through successful operations of our food program
- Effectively communicate with other kitchen team members and office staff
- Maintain a high level of integrity
- Create and maintain an atmosphere that is professional, safe, calm, clean, organized and efficient
- Assist in maintaining walk-in and dry goods storage
- Utilize FIFO procedures for proper food storage
- Completed and passed National Food Safe Certification
- At least 1-2 years of relevant work experience and a commitment to learning
- Thrive in a medium-volume, fast-paced environment
- Flexible and open to changing schedules, procedures and training
- Physically able to work an eight plus (8+) hour day while on your feet
- Able to safely lift up to fifty (50) pounds unassisted
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and strict punctuality
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to share and utilize a small physical space in varying temperatures
- Desire to grow along with the VSCO Commons team
Nice to have
- An appreciation for photography and food
- Experience in a bakery and/or commercial kitchen
VSCO is a leading creative platform empowering people everywhere to create, discover & connect through images and words. Founded in 2011, VSCO is headquartered in Oakland, CA. VSCO is the sister company to the Denver, CO-based print marketplace Artifact Uprising.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster that value within VSCO, as we continue to focus on building an inclusive and diverse culture.