You are devoted to extraordinary UI. You dream of optimizing performance on a mobile platform, and you believe there is no higher order than clean code.
We are looking for an Android Engineer to play an integral role on our mobile team. As our Android community continues to expand rapidly, we need a proactive engineer to work on a wide range of VSCO and Artifact Uprising products. You will also work closely with other teams to craft and execute new features.
- Create and improve VSCO and Artifact Uprising products on the Android platform
- Work with web, iOS, and Android engineers to maintain consistency across platforms
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience working on mobile applications
- Experience fine-tuning memory usage, APK size, offline mode, and draw performance for a large international audience
Nice to have
- Passionate about beautiful, responsive design
- Experience with digital image processing, in-app purchases, and unit testing
- Familiarity with MVP and its various flavors
- Familiarity with RxJava & Dagger
- Background working in small teams with Lean methodologies
- Personal connection to photography
VSCO is a leading creative platform empowering people everywhere to create, discover & connect through images and words. Founded in 2011, VSCO is headquartered in Oakland, CA. VSCO is the sister company to the Denver, CO-based print marketplace Artifact Uprising.
Free delicious breakfasts and lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee in the Bay Area. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, flexible vacation policy, and paid trips to conferences. Relocation assistance provided.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want people who are driven, who demonstrate initiative in taking our digital tools to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We want an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster that value within VSCO, as we continue to focus on building an inclusive and diverse culture.