VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
As a Writer, you’ll be responsible for developing relevant, memorable and highly creative communications for clients through language and ideas that support strategy, design and brand expression.
- Develop unique concepts and content that solve clients’ business and brand challenges.
- Think visually as well as verbally, contributing from the outset to the structure, look and feel of a client project.
- Perform effectively at concepting, group brainstorming, writing of placeholder copy, while working both independently and collaboratively.
- Collaborate in the development and definition of the “voice” for a client in a program or individual project.
- Interact closely with designers to create and refine content for a chosen design direction, identifying alternative message strategies for achieving clients’ objectives.
- Establish and/or interpret brand positioning, tone and attributes.
- Demonstrate use of logic in structuring content, and offer the creative team strategic thinking and knowledge of business and marketing principles.
- Interact effectively with subject-matter experts on client staff to obtain background information, and skillfully interview and gather information directly.
- Contribute to and edit creative or strategic briefs presented to clients.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, business, marketing, advertising or a related field.
- An undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising or Integrated/Strategic Communications.
- Experience in an agency or similar client services environment is preferred.
- A strong vocabulary, expertise in English usage, and comfort with multiple and often complex writing assignments, styles and disciplines.
- Ability to focus on user priorities and needs in structuring content, and to offer the team strategic thinking and knowledge of business, brand and marketing principles.
- Capability to effectively articulate, present and explain writing choices.
- Ability produce work quickly, with strength in observing and managing to deadlines.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner, maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Versatility and agility in handling multiple projects and reprioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director, Client Engagement
Erin works as a partner and advocate to VSA Partners’ clients. She helps them address their design challenges and business needs by engaging their own interests with VSA’s team.
Back to top