VSA Partners is a design and brand experience firm.
We're designers at the core. We’re dedicated to crafting brand-led enduring moments of impact. We apply our lens of systems thinking and look at improving the parts that add up to the whole. This creates meaning and value across the customer experience.
Our Strategy Practice acts as the leading edge of our effort to create that meaning and value. By adding more robust, more rigorous strategic offerings to our portfolio—without compromising our ability to translate thinking into design—we create a combination few can match.
At VSA, Senior Strategists develop compelling strategic recommendations and narratives and foster strong client relationships. They are self-motivated, dynamic, and experienced in navigating different types of business and brand challenges, unearthing smart, relevant insights, and crafting strategic solutions that span internal and external audiences.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
WHAT MAKES A GREAT SENIOR STRATEGIST AT VSA
You are inquisitive, inspiring and imaginative—continually considering ideas that grow from exploratory research and intuition about the connection between products, brands channels and human behavior. Specifically, your colleagues consider you a/an:
- Strategic Partner. Independently running medium to large client engagements, from strategic content development and delivery as well as long-term client growth, excites you! You are a critical thinker who likes to work alongside client engagement directors,creative directors and the design team to develop points of view and surface solutions that can catalyze change.
- Solid Communicator. You are articulate and persuasive, presenting information across a variety of sources clearly, and with conviction. Framing insights in simple language, building strong rationale for strategic recommendations, and crafting compelling stories are all practically second nature for you. And you present yourself with confidence, professionalism, authority and humility. You can capture a room without feeling the need to own it, creating a space for creativity and dialog.
- Team Leader and Facilitator. You have a natural and proven ability to lead and inspire teams—to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-disciplinary team. You are comfortable designing and managing internal and client worksessions with multiple stakeholders, and drive to specific outcomes.
- Avid Researcher. Employing conventional and non-conventional research methodologies to uncover new insights is a no-brainer. You are current and interested in trends, industry debates, technological and communication innovations, and are constantly applying your learning to push thinking. You are also resourceful—know where to go to understand the client’s business environment and strategy, and what it takes to conduct a comprehensive competitive analysis. And when necessary, you are willing and able to pull and piece together relevant information with short timelines.
- Opportunity Seeker. With one eye always on the future, you anticipate opportunities as outcomes from existing projects, and develop internal and client relationships that foster trust and promote the teams services and expertise to help capture new opportunities.
- Creative Contributor. You value creativity and are excited about the creative process—comfortable with the fact that creativity is strange, intangible, and often hard to understand. From ideation to conceptually discussing an idea and how it can work in the marketplace, you are ready to roll up your sleeves and contribute to the process.
- Focused, Multi-Tasker. You enjoy versatility and can handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations—all the while taking ownership of the quality of each of your own deliverables.
- 5-7 years of experience in brand or management consulting agencies; B2B experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that requires strong communications and problem-solving skills
- Minimum of 5 years developing strategies for brand development, marketing communications, innovation or business transformation across a variety of disciplines.
- Genuine, confident, empathetic and interpersonally skilled, with proven influencing capabilities in client relationship settings, and the talent to translate an idea into action.
- A passion for learning more and having an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions.
- A commitment to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all - clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.
Back to top