Senior Resource Manager
VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA’s Operations team leads all of the internal operating functions of VSA including: Administration, Human Resources, IT, Legal, Talent Acquisition, Resourcing and Project Management. We focus on people, processes, tools and systems with the end goal of making VSA an ideal place to work and perform. The diverse members of the Operations Team are at the top of their individual fields and use their expertise to drive culture, performance and efficiency at VSA.
The Senior Resource Manager is responsible for managing daily resource needs for existing and future projects, acting as the primary point of contact to help with staffing needs and conflicts across disciplines and within client portfolios. He or she works closely with Project Management, team leads and Talent Acquisition to ensure that all projects are staffed appropriately. The Senior Resource Manager forecasts ongoing staffing needs by discipline.
- Help to assign resources on projects based on the project’s staffing needs as outlined in the scope of work/OpenAir.
- Serve as main point of contact to resolve resource conflicts.
- Lead weekly resource meetings to address resource needs; create, run and manage resource worksheets and reporting.
- Promote smooth workflow and communication between disciplines.
- Work directly with Project Management and team leads to forecast upcoming resource needs.
- Monitor availability and help match supply to demand; ensure data integrity.
- Monitor utilization rates for all resources and provide reporting and insights to team leads.
- Identify needs and screen requests for freelancers and timing for each need.
- Monitor current and upcoming project statuses in order to proactively manage changing resource needs and priority shifts.
- Understand capabilities, skill sets and interests of assigned resources.
- Own and administer freelancer OpenAir set-up and maintenance as well as on-boarding.
- Own the Resource Management component of OpenAir. This includes ensuring the tool meets the resourcing and data needs of all practices. Lead or participate in various internal initiatives to better leverage the OpenAir tool.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of OpenAir’s reporting capabilities and continue to leverage the tool to create value-added reports.
- Monitor timesheet compliance, provide new hire training, and manage system permissions in resource management system.
- Participate in special projects or task forces as opportunities arise.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 4-7 years of resource or project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communication studies, information systems, or related is required.
- Familiarity with NetSuite’s OpenAir or other resource management program is a plus.
- Marketing and Communications Services or Media/Advertising Industry experience desired.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of resource management systems and processes.
- Able to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team; a self-starter
- Able to take complex issues or situations and present them in a simple and easy to follow manner.
- Knowledge of process improvement tactics.
- Excellent communication skills, including facilitation and presentations
- Knowledge of interactive marketing (design, user experience, development, strategy) projects and resource requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, facilitate, and recap meetings.
- Above average organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Ability to learn technical concepts and technology quickly.
- Knowledge of database management systems.
Back to top