Senior Project Manager
VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA’s Project Management Practice is the hub for every project VSA does, managing client expectations and guiding VSA teams from start to finish, ensuring the work we do maintains our high standards and keeps our business strong.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating multiple projects at a time within a given brand or client, potentially across multiple brands, clients, or a singular, complex project and ensuring projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations on-time and on-budget.
- Oversee and direct multiple projects at a time within a given brand or client, potentially across multiple brands, clients, or a singular, complex project.
- Ensure projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations, including being on-time and on-budget, while occasionally being responsible for one or more Project Managers.
- Interface heavily with senior marketing, technical, and executive management within the client to assure the solution is understood and addresses the customer’s business requirements.
- Contribute content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness.
- Manage and control project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are executed according to agreed upon scope, schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with the project team to drive the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints. Ensure accurate financial management of the projects.
- Coordinate activities of the project team and ensure project tasks, including scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client, and management.
- Develop, maintain, review and/or disseminate project documentation, including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews. Ensure project documentation is produced in the standard format and follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved.
- Work with Resource Management to ensure projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources.
- Mentor junior team members and provide employee on-boarding and training.
- Ensure junior team members follow standard policies and procedures and proactively identify and recommend improvements.
- Monitor and raise awareness of all project issues and risks, working with appropriate team members to develop solutions.
- Communicate relevant project information to the client, such as status, risk, issues, or deliverables.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 4-6 years of experience coordinating traditional or digital projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, required.
- Experience using project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed task-based work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and lead team meetings.
- Experience with software development life cycles, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
- Ability to develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business, needs, expectations, and requirements.
- Ability to mentor and direct junior Project Managers.
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the following: web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and technology components, advertising, digital marketing, print, and strategy.
- Strong computer skills are required in MS Office (particularly Excel), internet, email, and phone systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player; ability to assist with facilitating teams and clients.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Ability to be highly organized, accurate, timely and able to prioritize.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects simultaneously and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, have attention to detail, accurately follow procedures, maintain confidential information and remember important pieces of information.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director, Client Engagement
Erin works as a partner and advocate to VSA Partners’ clients. She helps them address their design challenges and business needs by engaging their own interests with VSA’s team.
Back to top