Senior Infrastructure Engineer
VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA’s Operations team leads all internal operating functions of VSA including: Administration, Human Resources, IT, Legal, Talent Acquisition, Resourcing and Project Management. We focus on people, processes, tools and systems with the end goal of making VSA an ideal place to work and perform. The diverse members of the Operations Team are at the top of their individual fields and use their expertise to drive culture, performance and efficiency at VSA.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will serve as a subject matter expert, overseeing infrastructure, security, network administration and storage maintenance. This is a hands on thought leadership role within the IT department reporting to our Director of IT.
Our Senior Infrastructure Engineer provides the vision and execution for designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives that enable our teams to create client and business value. Responsibilities include managing IT Security and Infrastructure Network Administration to ensure key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change, growth and flexibility. The Senior Engineer must ensure our IT infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound, reflecting business needs and best practice in creating value for the company and our clients. This person will also serve as a backup for Desktop and Application support as needed.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- Configure/Install and manage network security devices, features and technologies like firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, network access control solutions, web filtering solutions and network traffic visibility solutions.
- Directly manage deployment of systems and software, ensuring effective and efficient maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, and operating systems software applications.
- Research and evaluate alternative technologies and architectures in relation to our infrastructure needs.
- Manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes and resources
- Installation and implementation of wired and wireless network as well as security products and technologies in our complex and diverse (Mac and PC) IT infrastructure supporting unified voice, data and video communications.
- Ensure that IT team and key stakeholders keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Apply advanced professional communications concepts, industry practices and relevant policies, procedures and objectives to resolve highly complex issues.
- Partner with Director of IT to negotiate and oversee vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Serve as a backup to IT service desk function and desktop support to ensure timely and effective problem resolution.
- Evaluate new technologies (software and hardware) to make recommendations to Director of IT and CFO.
- Ensure that all security and program updates are applied.
- Participate in on-call duties and work some evenings, weekends, and holidays as required in support of initiatives.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- 5+ years of progressive network, security and application experience, including experience in an environment with a variety of client and user needs.
- Experience in a blended Mac and PC environment
- Familiarity with Zoom and Google Hangouts preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into technology issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Ability to be an organized, systematic, and strategic thinker.
- Capable of keeping an eye on the big picture, as well as the details, to drive results.
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to engage team members and peers and stakeholders to inspire collaboration.
- A commitment to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all team members, peers, and managers.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, document with attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.
- Additional Information:
- Some evenings and weekend work may occasionally be necessary.
- Ability to be reached 24/7 in the event of an emergency.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (to move equipment).
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Chrystine W.Associate Partner, Executive Creative Director
Chrystine supports a team of designers who collaborate with strategy, UX, and content leads to create thoughtful and intelligent solutions to client needs.
Back to top