Senior Experience Strategist
- New York, NY
VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
WHAT MAKES A GREAT SENIOR EXPERIENCE STRATEGIST AT VSA
At VSA, Senior Strategists are responsible for developing compelling strategic recommendations across multiple accounts, as well as fostering strong client relationships. They are self-motivated, dynamic and experienced in navigating different types of business models and challenges, unearthing smart, relevant human insights and crafting strategic solutions that deliver value to the business in new and novel ways.
You are inquisitive, inspiring and imaginative—finding the ‘golden nuggets’ of ideas that grow from exploratory research and intuition about the connection between products, brands, channels and human behavior.
Specifically, your colleagues consider you to be a/an:
- Obsessively customer-centric. Employing conventional and non-conventional research methodologies to uncover human insights that can drive business value.
- Have a finger on the pulse of culture and macrotrends. You are current and interested in trends, industry debates, technological and communication innovations, and are constantly applying your learning to push thinking.
- Relentlessly curious, resourceful and autonomous. You know where to go to understand the client’s business environment and strategy, and what it takes to conduct a comprehensive competitive analysis. And when necessary, you are willing and able to synthesize vast amounts of information with short timelines.
- A creative contributor that thinks outside the box. You value creativity and are excited about the creative process—comfortable with the fact that creativity is strange, intangible, and often hard to understand. You don’t rely on frameworks or templates, but think about leveraging foundational elements to create something bespoke and ‘just right’ for the moment.
- A storyteller that lives and breathes in slides. You are articulate and persuasive, presenting information across a variety of sources clearly, and with conviction. Framing insights in simple language, avoiding jargon and buzzwords, and crafting compelling stories. Comfortable being the deck owner from start to finish.
- Focused multi-tasker that handles twists and turns. You enjoy versatility and can handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations—all the while taking ownership of the quality of each of your own deliverables.
- 4 - 6 years of experience in product strategy, experience strategy, brand strategy or management consulting; B2B experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working on complex brand and business challenges for companies servicing multiple stakeholder groups and audiences, with the ability to discern what matters/what doesn’t and create frameworks for understanding how to deliver value to all.
- Experience turning findings from research into recommendations for a client, whether that’s building a brand, crafting a campaign idea, designing an experience or product or developing a new line of business.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions.
- A commitment to career-highlight worthy work.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
Back to top