VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA’s Strategy Practice acts as the leading edge of our effort to invent and reinvent brands for the modern age. By adding more robust, more rigorous strategic offerings to our portfolio—without compromising our ability to translate thinking into design—we create a combination few can match.
The Media Director is responsible for the planning and activation of full-year media plans on behalf of clients overseeing the investment allocation, collaboration, implementation, measurement plan and coordination of internal/external marketing partners. The Media Director routinely interacts with senior level brand client partners in the development, presentation and execution of integrated media plans across TV, Print, Digital, Social and Shopper channels.
- Lead by example while developing, motivating and coaching a team; build Media Team by participating in the recruitment and selection of junior staff; create a team environment that promotes collaboration and innovation.
- Learn all phases of the client's’ marketing objectives.
- Prepare and present media plans, as needed, including objectives, strategy, rationale, and all backup materials.
- Supervise the execution of media plans, including preparation of media budgets, schedules of insertions, contracts, and supporting material.
- Oversee media buying to ensure the strongest negotiations result in efficient and effective media purchases in line with strategies and objectives.
- Foster collaborative working relationships with third party vendors and becoming fluent in their capabilities, processes, requirements and workflow.
- Maintain media plans and Insertion Orders including changes, budgeting, execution, reporting, optimization and invoice reconciliation.
- Develop comprehensive Campaign Launch Worksheets that detail the media placements, creative assets/rotation and destinations.
- Participate in applicable timeline development process to be led by Project Management.
- Work closely with creative and design teams to ideate break-through media concepts and activations
- Work closely with media buying and analysis teams to codify campaign objectives and measurement protocol and ensure campaign setup enables the KPI measurement.
- Participate actively in campaign setup related kickoff meetings with publishers and media providers as well as internal teams.
- Stay apprised of industry standards, new media programs, new targeting options, and opportunities.
- Evaluate media opportunities and presenting plans and/or POV’s clearly in writing and orally.
- Push innovative thinking and set challenging team goals and objectives, balancing client, VSA, and team needs and priorities.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred with strong academic record.
- 6-8 years of media planning experience.
- Proven leadership ability and working experience managing a team.
- Experience as a lead presenter in client meetings.
- Experience in CPG, E-Commerce, Travel and Tourism is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of Traditional and Digital Media landscape.
- Expert ability in developing tactical insights from media research tools and resources.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
- Ability to see ideas and execute to the end product.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with several different points of contact.
- Ability to manage and prioritize project timelines with flexibility.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to set priorities and define clear action steps and manage expectations of others.
- Strong creative thinking and ability to recognize the relevancy of ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on team.
- Self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget.
- Ability to take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for actions.
- Strong communication skills that are organized, constructive, and facilitate great work.
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director of UX Architecture
Ara leads the UX Architecture Team to understand a company’s needs, objectives, and customers. He then formulates design solutions that resonate with those organizations.
Back to top