Freelance - Associate Director, Development
VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA’s Technology Practice exists to guide and inspire human interaction. At points where brands and business need to engage their audiences, we provide interfaces and design digital experiences that transform interactions, elevate understanding and enhance value.
The Freelance Associate Director, Development is responsible for proactively, independently and collaboratively with other technical and non-technical staff members to complete short- and long-term projects.
- Contribute to project proposals and statements of work to ensure they accurately represent VSA capabilities, offerings, and project requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and consulting for clients to help shape project solution parameters.
- Contribute to and collaborate across disciplines to create viable solutions for VSA clients.
- Identify opportunities for reusable deliverables to leverage as VSA best practices and pattern libraries.
- Execute and ensure QA test plans are performed.
- Provide technical assistance to Developers during implementation of features.
- Address issues of a technical, procedural, administrative, or personal nature with employees in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform some development and maintenance tasks as required.
- Ensure and maintain a consistent, high quality level of work for all assigned accounts.
- 6+ years coding for the web. Testing, implementation, maintenance and debugging skills. Demonstrated experience developing B2C and B2B web sites with a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated success and experience integrating code, applications and services across multiple technology platforms (e.g. CMS, CRM, portals, ecommerce).
- Two years supervisory experience in a cross-functional development environment.
- Experience integrating HTML-based content with other 3rd party environments.
- Mastery of HTML and CSS with a solid foundation in SEO and accessibility.
- Experience with:
- Source control management (git, SVN)
- Ruby, Python, PHP
- Java, Objective-C, .NET, SQL
- MVC frameworks
- Mobile First or Responsive Design techniques
- Ability to communicate web standards and best practices as an expert.
- Ability to accurately estimate level of effort for diverse development tasks and develop detailed development project plans.
- Exemplary understanding of cross-browser, device and platform issues, and common code solutions.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be organized, systematic, and strategic thinker.
- Capable of keeping an eye on the big picture, as well as the details, to drive results.
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director, Client Engagement
Erin works as a partner and advocate to VSA Partners’ clients. She helps them address their design challenges and business needs by engaging their own interests with VSA’s team.
Back to top