VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA’s Strategy Practice acts as the leading edge of our effort to invent and reinvent brands for the modern age. By adding more robust, more rigorous strategic offerings to our portfolio—without compromising our ability to translate thinking into design—we create a combination few can match.
The Associate Director/Director, Strategy is a client-facing role that initiates, plans and leads VSA’s strategic efforts for large, program-based clients. Working closely with firm Partners, the Director of Strategy guides the project team in framing a client’s business challenges, determining the optimal approach to develop solutions and required deliverables, and establishing the brand and/or communications strategy that will best address those challenges in forward-looking and far-reaching ways.
- Develop an understanding of a client’s business situation and lead VSA’s strategic efforts on behalf of the client.
- Lead strategic conversations with clients at the highest level of their organizations and contribute to long-term, programmatic relationships.
- Develop conceptual models to define and contextualize key strategic elements.
- Lead efforts to create strategy artifacts to help clients with difficult decisions.
- Develop client presentations that tell a story.
- Write compelling briefs that inspire designers and writers.
- Proactively enhance the knowledge base of the Strategy practice.
- Guide project teams in aligning a creative direction.
- Actively identify new business opportunities and contribute to client proposals.
- Contribute thought leadership in specific areas and support Partners in managing the practice.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Technology industry experience
- Well-versed in digital/CX strategy
- Business strategy experience
- Embraces ambiguity, thrives without hard structure/definition, responds to change with agility.
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in strategy (business, brand and/or integrated marketing).
- Experience in research, analytics, and/or client-side brand management or marketing.
- Experience with B2B and technology brands/companies.
- Strong digital/customer experience experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience managing multiple projects and juggling competing priorities.
- Strong collaborator, open learner, and giving mentor.
- A strong orientation toward driving business outcomes (business acumen).
- Ability to flourish in and inspire multidisciplinary teams.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- A commitment to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships.
Back to top