Creative Director - Writer
About the Position Buried under that business problem is an amazing idea—or five. Your job is to lead a team of badass writers, designers and art directors to find it, clean it up and get it gleaming into one of those WHABAM creative solutions that makes clients eyes light up (after, of course, you’ve used your excellent communication skills to help them See the Light). And you understand the hard work and hard deadlines that go into making something shine. At VSA Partners, our people embrace these challenges because we love what we do. We’re looking for a CD that loves it too, as well as the team they work with day to day.
About Us We are a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking" approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
Responsibilities You’ll have quite a few, along with high expectations. But that doesn’t phase you. Every day, you will solve business problems with creative solutions, translating briefs to a team of art directors, writers, and designers. Your ability to conceptualize will be as crucial as your ability to oversee the development and execution of integrated creative. Your writing savvy and creative direction will ensure and maintain a consistent, high quality level of work across multiple disciplines. You will manage, coordinate, inspire and empower your team. You will also serve as the liaison between creative and account, often bringing them together in collaborative sessions. You will push for the smartest, most insightful solutions with an “a-ha” quality, keeping the work focused on the client’s business goals and objectives. Your intimate knowledge of brand guidelines and best practices will enable your team’s creativity and allow you to identify potential growth areas on your account. Your personality will help shape and grow client relationships. Sometimes this will mean representing VSA in new business meetings. And less a responsibility than an imperative—you’ll come to VSA with an open mind and heart, embracing what it means to work here with an insanely wonderful, intelligent bunch of folks. And with your good humor, drive and candid demeanor, you’ll fit right in.
You’re the Right Creative Director for Us If…
• You have a minimum of 10+ years of creative writing experience, preferably in an agency setting.
• You've been effectively managing and leading direct reports and cross functional team members for 3+ years.
• You play well with others, from clients to creatives to strategists, professionally at all levels of the company.
• You bring knowledge of business, brand and marketing principles to the table to inspire your team and your work.
• Your creative mind can meld ideas into great work that gets noticed by consumers and the industry.
• Your big ideas have legs and you can make them walk the walk in print, digital and more.
• You write the way others wish they could, with a superior command of the English language.
• You consider yourself a problem-solver, decision maker, fair critic and excellent motivator.
• You are detail and deadline-oriented, organized, strategic, systematic, hyyyyyydromatic, ultramatic greased lightning.
• You have a semi-psychic ability to see problems coming and devise solutions.
• You can take on multiple projects, prioritize, delegate and keep your cool.
• You’ve been called a “self-starter” or “driven” or “the best at what you do.”
• You have a positive attitude and a commitment to high quality work, with the ability to distinguish between good and great.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising or Integrated/Strategic Communications collecting dust somewhere.
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director of UX Architecture
Ara leads the UX Architecture Team to understand a company’s needs, objectives, and customers. He then formulates design solutions that resonate with those organizations.
Back to top