VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
The Creative Director is responsible for leading the creative development and quality of creative deliverables. This person provides creative direction and feedback, while ensuring client’s business objectives are met.
- Ensure and maintain a consistent, high quality level of work for all assigned accounts.
- Establish overall direction for client programs and projects, synthesize and translate creative briefs to the team, orchestrate all creative aspects, and coordinate all constituents.
- Lead creative development and execution of tactical plans, including, but not limited to the following channels, in-store, email, social media, website, digital, local store marketing, promotions, packaging, and events.
- Plan and manage processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with client’s business goals and objectives.
- Assimilate information and translate it into informative and compelling messaging and design.
- Communicate account knowledge with the team, so they understand and articulate brands according to established guidelines and philosophies.
- Represent VSA Consumer Marketing in new business meetings; understand and articulate VSA's capabilities.
- Identify potential growth areas of assigned accounts and help shape and grow client relationships.
- Scope projects accurately and establish project plans with Project Manager and/or Client Engagement.
- Manage team, ensuring that quality is high, milestones are met, team is appropriately utilized, and timesheets and expense reports are submitted timely.
- Identify and address inefficiencies among team proactively.
- Leverage and support peers (brainstorms, critiques, etc.) and team members, ensuring that everyone has a voice and positive collaboration is achieved.
- Offer appropriate growth opportunities to team members.
- Evaluate (or participates in the evaluation of) team members at yearly reviews. Identify developmental needs of staff, including training, communicating and implementing productivity standards, evaluating work, and providing instruction.
- Embrace and support VSA’s policies and culture and have the personal goal of producing the best quality work at all times.
- Minimum of 10+ years of creative writing experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Communications or related field of study preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with effectively managing and leading direct reports and cross functional team members.
- Compelling writing and design experience an agency setting.
- Full versatility in both print and web design is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
In order to succeed, he/she must have the skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- Ability to be an innovative thinker, working with an entrepreneurial spirit across all disciplines, contributing and leading on-target creative that is well received by client, and also pushes smart creativity that gets noticed by consumers and the industry.
- Ability to be organized, systematic, and strategic thinker.
- Capable of keeping an eye on the big picture, as well as the details, to drive results.
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to engage, persuade, and motivate clients, team members, and peers and to inspire collaboration.
- A commitment to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all - clients, team members, peers, and managers.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.
Back to top