We're looking for a word nerd: a Copywriting Intern who has a way with language that impresses both English teachers and social networks alike. You've got a distinct voice, but now you're ready to use those punch lines and paragraphs to bring brands alive. And you'll learn how, helping to brainstorm ideas and write for websites, commercials, print ads, phone apps, billboards or any other medium the kids are using these days (and your insight in that area will be appreciated, too).
A little about the VSA Summer Internship program: If you're looking for another bullet point on your resume, look elsewhere. At VSA, like much of what we do, we take our internship program seriously. Which means our interns work on "real work," with real meetings, deadlines, and business challenges from our brands and clients. This is the education you won't get in a classroom. Consider it career practice, with the freedom to learn, make mistakes, refine, question and tag along. You'll work with an individual mentor and supervisor in a unique cross-disciplinary environment focused on brand, communications, marketing and digital. As part of the larger program, you'll take part in intern meetings, team outings, activities and initiatives (can you say networking?). And yes, it's paid, with an hourly rate, for 40 hours/week, on-site. It starts June 5th. Bet you can't wait for summer.
Note: this position is part of VSA's Creative Practice.
- VSA is a place to speak up. You’ll be sharing your unique concepts and content.
- Be ready to brainstorm, in larger groups and on your own.
- You will be guided to think visually as well as verbally, contributing to the structure, look and feel of a client project.
- Your ability to sift through, interpret and act on information will be put to the test as you help develop and define a “voice” for clients in programs and projects, ultimately helping you create on-brand content.
- Collaboration is key: you’ll be working with designers and internal teams in all stages of content development, helping to create and refine various pieces
Apply if you...
- Are pursuing or have recently obtained an undergraduate degree in English, journalism, communications, advertising or integrated/strategic communications
- OR you are a current portfolio school student or recent grad
- Have experience in an agency or similar client services environment (not required, but a beneficial)
- Have a strong vocabulary and expertise in English usage (essential)
- Are comfortable with multiple and often complex writing assignments, styles and disciplines, with the ability to use logic and strategic thinking to structure content
- Work well in a team, independently, and while under pressure
- Have an eye for detail, or perhaps even two
- Are articulate on paper and in person, with the ability to effectively present, explain writing choices, and interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner
- Are interested in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising threads and techniques
- Are fast, thorough and sharp as a tack--able to organize and prioritize high-quality work quickly and on-time
- Often find yourself unable to stop writing once you start and are ready to learn the nuances of copywriting from some really nice people (bonus points for being nice yourself)
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director of UX Architecture
Ara leads the UX Architecture Team to understand a company’s needs, objectives, and customers. He then formulates design solutions that resonate with those organizations.
Back to top