Business Development Manager
VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
The Business Development Manager reports to the Director of Business Development. This person is responsible for helping to prospect and pitch new business efforts. On occasion they will also have the opportunity to help with other initiatives within VSA’s Marketing Department, such as agency PR and reputation initiatives.
- Assist Business Development Director and Chief Marketing Officer in all aspects of the new business process, including prospecting, pitching and onboarding new clients.
- Assist in fielding and vetting new prospect calls and emails.
- Work with the Business Development Director to help determine winning strategy, team casting, proposal scoping and pitch presentation approach for each prospect/pitch assigned.
- Be responsible for the operational intricacies and fast-moving nature of the process including setting up timelines, tracking the budget, communicating information to the team and managing the workflow.
- Work with the pitch team to develop and refine the proposal/presentation deck content.
- Track and report new business wins and losses.
- Conduct background research on prospective clients and agency competitors.
- Assist in creating VSA marketing content, such as helping to write and gather assets for case studies, agency reels and videos.
- Work closely with marketing department editor to ensure the VSA voice carries through case studies and new business proposals and pitches.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of agency client service or business development experience.
- Knowledge of Keynote and Microsoft Office programs. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and video editing programs (iMovie, Final Cut Pro) are a plus.
- Proven track record and demonstrated ability to be forward thinking, entrepreneurial and innovative, while understanding typical agency processes and technologies.
- Committed to high quality work and to building positive and productive relationships with clients, team members, peers and managers.
- Comfortable working with agency senior management on high-profile agency projects.
- Extremely organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- A self-starter, capable of taking innovative approaches, setting goals and reporting progress against them. Must be skilled in problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making.
- A strong written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A true team player that works collaboratively to see the job through.
- Takes ownership and accountability for their work.
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director of UX Architecture
Ara leads the UX Architecture Team to understand a company’s needs, objectives, and customers. He then formulates design solutions that resonate with those organizations.
Back to top