Business Development Manager
VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior and solves problems. We started as a design firm 35 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
About the Marketing Team
The Marketing Team is the engine that helps grow VSA’s client list, reputation, culture, portfolio and bottom line. It's a high-functioning, quick-thinking, tight-knit group of strategists and doers who move at the breakneck speed of new business to tell our story, solve problems and win pitches. Selling the agency means selling its people, so we consider ourselves servant leaders. We make good when we make everyone else look good. Sound good?
About the Business Development Manager Role:
As Business Development Manager, you're entrusted to lead a live new biz opportunity from beginning to end. This means managing the people and the content. You’ll vet the opportunity, craft the proposal, devise a plan to win and shepherd the pitch from kickoff to closing. You’ll have a lot of help from the marketing team (as well as from the pitch team you helped cast), but you’re the glue-guy who keeps the ball moving and the team together. You’re the first one to do background research on a new client, setting us up for smart recommendations and smarter content. You also make the trains run on time (and they're fast trains) by owning crucial operational intricacies like setting up timelines, tracking the budget and keeping the team in sync. On the team that makes everyone better — you make everyone on the team that makes everyone better, better. You report directly to the Head of Business Development and work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer. This means early line of sight on all agency growth initiatives with a chance to impact decisions and accelerate the process. You’ll occasionally be asked to help with PR initiatives. Or planning a kickass year-end company meeting. Or any other project that helps make VSA better. And you’ll rock them all, of course, given your great attitude and delightful sense of humor.
- You've got at least three years of experience in agency client service or business development.
- You know how to use Keynote and Microsoft Office programs. (And Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, iMovie and Final Cut are major pluses).
- You’ve got a Bachelor degree — probably in your parents’ attic somewhere.
- You're ready to roll up your sleeves and design beautiful solutions with some of the nicest, smartest, funniest people in the business.
Imagine you’re jamming with your new team in a medium-sized conference room for 12 straight hours. (No really, imagine it. On new business it's not, like, out of the realm of possibility.) After those 12 hours are through, you all still like each other a lot!
- And your new team members would rave about your
- Hustle. You go non-stop and thrive.
- Smarts. You diagnose and solve difficult problems.
- Curiosity. You always want to know more.
- Adaptability. You roll with the punches.
- Humility. You don't seek praise, but you're quick to give it.
- Selflessness. You're a team player through and through.
- Leadership. You know when to take charge.
- Versatility. You're part strategist, part creative, part project manager.
- Relentlessness. You find a way to get it done.
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director, Client Engagement
Erin works as a partner and advocate to VSA Partners’ clients. She helps them address their design challenges and business needs by engaging their own interests with VSA’s team.
Back to top