Business Affairs Manager
VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
The primary responsibility of the Business Affairs Manager is to execute high quality work including the execution of project-related responsibilities such as processing contracts, POs and invoices and other administrative functions across all mediums: digital, print and video. This person must have deep knowledge in union and non-union talent and crew contract and work requirements and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Oversee the vendor bidding and payment process, including: collecting bids and securing client approvals; issuing PO’s and making sure vendors are paid on time; confirming when production costs are in/paid and close out all jobs; drafting, negotiating, and executing partner/vendor contracts for TV / Print / events / experiential / interactive and materials/sponsorship; and closing jobs and managing completion report details.
- Provide process consistency across the agency on all brands and/or have an awareness of client-specific requirements
- Negotiate and process agreements for talent by creating session/use estimates, preparing contracts for union and non-union productions, and managing all holding fees and payments.
- Oversee special agreements and third party licenses, which includes working with in-house legal to review and facilitate talent releases, footage licenses, music licenses, and master recording agreements
- Collaborate across disciplines to communicate project needs and help ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and fully “cleared”
- Track usage expirations and ensure renewals are made or assets are retired
- Assist Project Management in creating traffic instructions
- Oversee and provide guidance to AD-IDs and meta-data
- Provide expert guidance and supervision with respect to AICP and AICE contract guidelines
- Provide guidance with SAG-AFTRA union rules/regulations, non-union, and foreign production AFM contracts.
- Maintain relationship with the 4A’s to stay abreast of all issues pertaining to talent and new technologies.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 7-10 years related experience in advertising or commercial (video) production.
- Experience and proficiency in AICP/AICE budgeting platform (manage and actualize budgets).
- Experience and proficiency in arranging domestic and global video production (hiring domestic and international crews, crane requirements, studio space, booking talent and negotiating location fees/agreements).
- Established relationships with a wide variety of qualified production partners/vendors locally, regionally, nationally and globally including directors, editors, motion-artists, music supervisors, writers, color grading, retouching, voiceover and audio mixing to meet a wide variety of project needs (creative, budget, timing, etc.).
- Strong understanding of the legal issues that arise during production, including clearances, licensing, and talent usage
- Able to bridge the gap between traditional broadcast and steadily evolving non-traditional media channels.
- Strong client-facing skills, ranging from proposal writing and presentations to day-to-day contact and communication across all stages of a project.
- Excellent ability to find creative solutions in the face of challenges.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company, and with a variety of internal and external parties, in a professional manner
- Effective communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A commitment to high quality work.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Ability to be versatile, handle multiple projects, and be an organized, systematic thinker.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently.
- Some experience in acting in Producer role on video production
- A willingness/desire to stretch outside of area of expertise
- Familiarity with production insurance issues
Back to top