Brand Strategy Intern
You like to ask the big questions. And the little questions. In fact, you like to ask all kinds of questions to get to the heart of a problem. At VSA, how we get to the finished product is just as important as how we get there. So we’re looking for a curious, whip-smart Brand Strategy Intern to help us understand our clients’ business, optimize their marketing channels and define just what it is they’re really looking for. Research, data, focus groups, and more. You + our Strategy team are about to be, statistically, unbeatable. This position is part of VSA’s Strategy Practice.
A little about the VSA Summer Internship Program: If you’re looking for another bullet point on your resume, look elsewhere. At VSA, like much of what we do, we take our internship program seriously. Which means our interns work on “real work,” with real meetings, deadlines, and business challenges from our brands and clients. This is the education you won’t get in a classroom. Consider it career practice, with the freedom to learn, make mistakes, refine, question and tag along. You’ll work with an individual mentor and supervisor in a unique cross-disciplinary environment focused on brand, communications, marketing and digital. As part of the larger program, you’ll take part in intern meetings, team outings, activities and initiatives (can you say networking?). And yes, it’s paid, with an hourly rate, for 40 hours/week, on-site. It starts June 5th. Bet you can’t wait for summer.
Note: this position is part of VSA's Strategy Practice.
- Curious minds wanted: you will participate in qualitative and quantitative research programs, conducting analysis to uncover insights for brand development.
- You will help reinforce VSA as a strategic thought leader to clients by supporting the creation of compelling presentations.
- You’ll become familiar with the disciplines and professional areas in which VSA works.
- You will stay updated with current projects and upcoming deadlines for important projects
Apply If You...
- Are a senior level or recent grad from an accredited university studying business, marketing, or similar field (pursuing an MBA or Master’s Degree in related field? Even better.)
- Have an accumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have experience within a digital, marketing-communications, or branding agency, or within a management consultancy
- Have prior experience with Excel, basic SQL, and statistical analysis (preference, not a requirement)
- Are a natural fit in a right-brain/left-brain work environment and you have a passion for learning more
- Know how to think analytically, critically and creatively to develop simple solutions to complex problems Are comfortable with digital and non-digital media
- Have excellent communication and collaborative skills you can carry across marketing disciplines
- Are a professionalism pro, interacting at all levels of the company and with external parties in an appropriate manner (whether written or spoken)
- Have a knack for preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions
- Are versatile, capable, unflappable, able to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- You are a self-starter, self-motivator and know how to work independently
- Are usually the smartest one in the room but you’re ready to learn from a larger collection of smartest-in-the- rooms who also happen to be the nicest
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director of UX Architecture
Ara leads the UX Architecture Team to understand a company’s needs, objectives, and customers. He then formulates design solutions that resonate with those organizations.
Back to top