Associate Partner, Client Engagement
- New York, NY
VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative, and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today as a design and brand-led experience firm. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing, and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
The Associate Partner, Client Engagement is driven to land, develop, and grow new client relationships and business acquisitions. You’ll serve as the primary lead and point of contact on integrated branding and marketing projects large and small, many with digital experience components.
Our ideal Associate Partner, Client Engagement has a breadth of experience—in branding, marketing, and digital as well as in strategy, writing, and relationship management. While your focus is primarily on clients and acquisitive growth, you’re also adept at managing internal organizational relationships in order to best serve the client (including design, strategy, UX, content, and technology.)
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- Identify and win acquisitive growth opportunities from new relationships, and potentially activate past or current client relationships.
- You will lead business development efforts - both organic and new opportunities, driving growth by anticipating needs and identifying opportunities.
- Strategically frame opportunities, develop approaches, oversee executions while selling and managing across VSA’s capabilities/offerings in ways that best position us in the marketplace.
- Guide clients towards a strategic relationship by delivering insights that resonate with their brand, their industry, their customers, and their markets.
- Help magnify the voice of the client, keeping their interests, business opportunities, and strategic needs front and center throughout the entirety of a project.
- Identify ways to improve the work quality, team mix, and client satisfaction, working closely with cross-functional leads to strengthen all engagements.
- You will lead the proposal effort, managing the SOW and MSA process from development to signature on designated accounts. In close partnership with Project Management, Finance, and Legal, you will accurately define scope, pricing, and timing.
- Influence and steer the “product,” supporting a balance between the account team’s responsibilities and your own.
- Encourage collaboration within the team to promote camaraderie and a positive atmosphere. That means you should be a passionate supporter of work outcomes, with the foresight to raise risks when necessary.
- You should also seek to deepen or expand SME each year, and when appropriate, promote this expertise externally.
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, business, or a related field (a Master’s degree is a big plus).
8 or more years of work experience, with recent experience in an agency environment—digital experience is preferred.
10+ years of client service experience with a proven track record of growth and business development.
Strong domain knowledge of the client and industry in which they operate: its company, culture, market, and competitors.
Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to develop powerful presentations and articulate confidently.
The drive and the knowhow to go above and beyond to ensure client’s issues and requests are sufficiently resolved.
The capability to identify opportunities within the client’s organization and define the business problem that VSA will help solve.
A demonstrated ability to be forward-thinking and innovative while understanding client needs and the limitations of VSA’s business processes and technologies.
Skills in problem-solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
Strong people and influence management skills.
A knack for working with people and building relationships, and a desire to do this with some of the nicest people on the planet.
Back to top