Associate Creative Director
Let’s talk about art. High art. Fine art. Works of art. Arts and crafts. Art houses and art movements and people named Art (we got one). You were raised in the ad world as an art director—and as you move onto the Capital ACD role, you won’t leave that art part behind (at least not if you’re working here). Because great work is art, even when it takes the form of a commercial or a website or a set of letters expertly kerned. You know that, we know that, and that means together we can all make a lot of beautiful things.
About Us: VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
• You will solve business problems with creative solutions, working from the foundation of a creative brief.
• You will be expected to throw the most and best solutions on the wall where each one has a different “a-ha” type of solution that solves said business problems.
• THEN you will turn around and sell them until the clients can’t wait to produce them.
• You will take a hands-on leadership role in creating compelling content that helps solve clients’ business, brand and communication challenges.
• You will help lead copywriters, art directors and designers in creating campaigns, content and more.
• You will think and reach beyond individual projects, collaborating closely with clients to identify opportunities and needs and develop programmatic solutions.
• You will lead presentations to clients and help manage sensitive or difficult client issues as necessary (in conjunction with Client Engagement Leads).
• Thou shalt get things done well and on time.
You check these boxes:
• 7+ years of experience in design or art direction
• Experience in a client-facing role and in managing, leading, and developing a team
• Expertise in Adobe Creative suite (duh)
• Understand how information architecture and schematics translate into design
• Understand the concepts of functionality and usability
• Excellent design, color and typographic skills
• A commitment to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
• The right combination of intelligence and insight in one super-powered problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making mind
• Strong influencing skills and the capability to effectively articulate, present and explain choices
• Ability to produce work quickly, with strength in observing and managing to deadlines
• Ability to professionally interact at all levels of the company and with external parties while maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken
• Versatility and agility in handling multiple projects and reprioritizations
• Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures
• Ability to self-motivate as well as work independently in team environments
• It goes without saying (but we will say it) that we expect everyone who applies to VSA has the ability to distinguish between good and great.
• You are a funny, focused, smart, talented, kind and relentlessly candid, constructive “with the team” kind of human who’s ready to make art in many forms with an office full of people who also fit that description.
Meet Some of VSA Partners's Employees
Director, Client Engagement
Erin works as a partner and advocate to VSA Partners’ clients. She helps them address their design challenges and business needs by engaging their own interests with VSA’s team.
Back to top