Associate Creative Director
VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA’s Design Practice is responsible for bringing our clients’ stories, visions and voices to life. At the intersection of Strategy and Digital, we make ideas tangible and meaningful for the audiences that matter, in a cross-platform, media-agnostic way.
The Associate Creative Director achieves and maintains a high quality level for all work produced for assigned accounts. He/she leads the creative course of projects and is responsible for the work flow of Design Teams. He/she will embrace and support VSA’s policies and culture and will have the personal goal of producing the best quality work at all times.
- Help to establish a brand vision for projects, and lead a team to explore, produce and implement these points of view.
- Develop and brainstorm thematic elements, as well as photography, illustration, video, animation or other media as appropriate for the discipline.
- Demonstrate a growing ability to analyze problems, anticipate consequences and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects.
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge of design principles related to creating intuitive and elegant interfaces.
- Stay abreast of trends and technology, specifically how it can aide in client deliverables.
- Address creative and technical issues involved in designing for various environments (internets, intranets, mobile devices, kiosks, CDs and application development).
- Manage multi-discipline creative projects from conception to completion.
- Ensure creative output supports overall strategic/creative goals of project.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand account-management requirements, including strategy, client interaction, resource allocation and timing of project deliverables etc.
- Work with UX, development staff and vendors to assure creative vision is executed properly.
- Create learning opportunities and work with designers to develop their conceptual and design skills through effective mentoring.
- Develop staff and delegate responsibilities to the point where the design director can assist with multiple client engagements, removing them from some of the more production-based work.
- Assist the creative director in the supervision of production staff, photographers, illustrators, animators, and other vendors related to a digital project.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Design.
- Management experience strongly preferred.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative suite.
- Possession of an undergraduate degree.
- Understand how information architecture and schematics translate into design.
- Understand the concepts of functionality and usability.
- Capable of keeping an eye on the big picture, as well as the details, to drive results.
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions.
- Excellent design, color and typographic skills.
- A commitment to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all - clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.
Back to top