Software Development Engineer II
EG-reviews is an advanced Bigdata and ML platform which caters to the need of Expedia Group brands like Expedia, Hotels.com , Home away, Vrbo, Egencia and eventually allBrands and LOBs within ExpediaGroup. Ina nutshell, the platform is responsible for collecting a variety of content (reviews/photos) from customers, storing it in most usable form, curating the data using home grown ML solutions and enabling playback on front ends.
Eg reviews is a one stop shop for one of the most important features of any ecommerce i.e. handling ecosystem of reviews. Team owns communication with customers to collect comments in 93 different languages, enriches them with more than 30 deep learning ML models and play backs for almost all the brands in relation to a trip with over 15 thousand TPS.
Some stats to give perspective to these initiatives
- Global Daily Active Users is just under 1M!
- Registered users are in excess of 80M!
- Identified users are in excess of 300M!
What you'll do:
- You will collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems.
- You will take advantage of opportunities to build new technical expertise in a specific engineering area.
- You understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
- You will develop and test standard software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- You will apply software design principles, data structures and/or design patterns and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions.
- You will apply knowledge of database design to solve data requirements.
- You will think broadly and understand how, why and when policies/processes are standardized and when they differ across the organization.
- You can apply formal training methods to current workload. You feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo.
- You report clearly on current work status. You ask challenging questions when empowered to do so.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in a Technical field; or equivalent related professional experience.
- Equivalent experience includes:
- Developing software in a team environment of at least 5 engineers (agile, version control, etc.)
- Building and maintaining a software project/product in production environments in public/hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience in frontend technologies like Angular, React and node and backend technology Java.
- Experience on AWS (Min 1-2 Years)
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to work multi-functionally across multiple departments
- You believe in having fun with your co-workers, while working together on the team.
- Good to have experience in rule engines and expess.js.
- Strength in a language from Java, kotlin and Scala.
- Familiarity in a couple of no sql data stores or API access patterns and integration.
- Familiarity with associated technologies within your specialization as part of the wider ecosystem.
- Understanding of how projects fit together within your team.
- Ability to test and monitor your own code.
- Understanding of testing and monitoring tools.
- Understanding of how teams' goals fit a business need.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™,
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.