Senior UI Engineer
Vrbo is the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We're committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Challenges you can work on:
• Create experiences seen by over 100 million people a month
• Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps
• Develop smart web apps that will allow for in-session personalization
• Leverage real time user behavior data, predictive science and A/B testing to better understand our customers, fostering a community of trust to incrementally increase conversion, and have direct revenue impact from delivered code
• Share your work with your peers in our bi-weekly meetup and participate in our Internal Open Source by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization
• Endless opportunities to grow your career the way you want
• Help develop beautiful & intuitive user interfaces
• Be at the forefront of building Vrbo's next generation user experience.
Technologies we use:
• ES2015, ES2016, Node.js, React.js, Jasmine/Mocha, HTML5, CSS3, Less, Hapi.js, Webpack, AWS, Docker, Jetty, Scala, Git
Who You Are:
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of experience developing highly available enterprise web applications with state of the art front end web technologies
• Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple departments
• Passionate problem solver with a focus on high quality user experience
• Mobile first responsive design experience
• Cross-browser development & compatibility experience
What you'll do:
• Provide hands on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making
• Drive new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other stakeholders
• Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed container based architecture (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
• Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: GitHub, Splunk, New Relic and TeamCity
• Work with product management and operations in an agile environment
• Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
• Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable
• Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
• Conduct peer code reviews and act as a resource for junior developers
Benefits & Perks:
• Competitive health and insurance benefits
• Competitive salary
• Annual target bonus or commission
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Free snacks and beverages
• Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
• Casual dress
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you!
Why join us :
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple.Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Back to top