Senior Technical Program Manager
- Austin, TX
Senior Technical Program Manager
We are seeking a hardworking Senior Technical Program Manager to join our product engineering organization and help us deliver outstanding user experiences in the vacation rental marketplace. As the scrum master for a product delivery team, you will draw on your industry knowledge and agile experience to help the team focus on process improvement and predictable incremental delivery.
Working with our team requires a rare blend of business insight and technical skills to help translate problems into meaningful road maps and backlogs. You will team up with product management partners to understand, communicate, and implement the product requirements informed from industry analysis and end-user feedback to own the overall product lifecycle for a portfolio of solutions. Common responsibilities include leading sprint planning sessions, triaging issues and risks, publishing road maps, communicating requirements with supporting teams, promoting agile practices and continuous improvement, and collaborating with Engineering. From there; you will be empowered to craft, implement, refine, and deploy new platforms and features that our customers value.
What you'll do:
- Lead the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from sprint planning to end-user adoption
- Meet frequently with product, engineering and business partners to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to define a product roadmap and maintain backlog priorities to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers
- Supervise the team's development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Communicate status, risks with a resolution plan, upcoming landmarks, and recent releases to leadership teams
- Run resolution of urgent engineering issues while communicating changes to business partners
Who you are:
- 5-8+ years of Program/Project Management and/or scrum master experience in a high-tech company
- Experience driving agile software development experience with 5 years in a scrum master role working with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- High level of initiative, passion, and the desire to build innovative user experience for customers
- Demonstrated expertise in standard methodologies for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate sophisticated concepts to partners
- Comfortable making pitches to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Experience leading multiple, ongoing sophisticated projects and implementing of e-commerce applications, while delivering on schedule
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architectures
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environment strongly desired
- Experience with sophisticated information architecture and taxonomy management
- Certified scrum master and/or Project Management
- BA/BS required in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
- 1-3 years of programming experience desired, depending on the level
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better -that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Back to top