Senior iOS Engineer
- Madrid, Spain
As an iOS Software Engineer, you'll be the driving force behind ensuring our iOS Traveller app is a world-class offering. The traveller apps help travellers plan, book and enjoy their dream vacation while the partner apps enable partners to seamlessly handle their vacation rental business. You will ensure that the app performs well, that each code change by all team members leaves the codebase maintainable, that the visual design is meticulously up to spec, that the app size is efficient, and that the platform-specific offerings of iOS are utilised for a truly native experience.
In addition to your technical contributions, you will help define and prioritise new features. You will work to gain a solid understanding of our Travellers' needs and offer constructive critiques of planned features that might not necessarily meet those needs. You'll help the team work to complete each release in a timely manner, balancing wisely competing concerns to deliver a great product. In this capacity, you will exhibit a respectful and empathetic tone to everyone, including less experienced engineers on the team, with a genuine concern for helping them grow as iOS engineers. You'll be willing to learn from everyone, communicate well and strive to be an effective team member.
What You'll Do:
- You'll be involved in product feature development, but also a valuable contributor to our growing iOS platform. This underlying platform powers both our Traveller and Partner apps -- shared UI components, a networking layer, and more allows us to achieve maximum velocity, democratise the development of our iOS apps, and move quickly into exciting new technology opportunities such as Instant Apps!
- You'll be willing to learn from everyone, communicate well and strive to be an effective team member.
Who you are:
You will love this role if you're looking for an environment:
- That challenges you to think deeply about software architecture
- That encourages you to invest time into your craft and self-improvement, including time for reading books and attending conferences
- Where the best tool for the job is the right tool for the job
- Where UX design isn't an afterthought
- Where smart risk-taking is encouraged
- Where processes exist only to help the team progress
- Where you have a tangible opportunity to impact people's lives in a positive way
- Where diversity is valued, empathy is offered and individuals' unique needs are treated with utmost respect
List of technologies we like:
Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa, XCode, and GraphQL are all welcomed and loved.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognise the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organisation but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travellers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Back to top